Dam Gathering

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

How many from the North West plan to attend the Dam Gathering.

Yes
48%
No
10%
Unsure at this time
29%
Maybe if I every finish this @%*& thing.
14%
Other, I'll explain below
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby Gage » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:48 am

Not to change the subject but are any of you from the NorthWest planning on going to the ITG in June?

Oh and I'll be going up to the Dam Gathering.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:10 am

Gage, I'm not going to make it to the ITG. But, I'll see you at Shasta.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby rainjer » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Gage wrote:Not to change the subject but are any of you from the NorthWest planning on going to the ITG in June?

I was hoping to go but it isn't going to work out this year. The timing is just not going to work.

My 07 teardrop gathering plans are:
The Dam Gathering
The Spring Fling
LeMay's

In 08 i am hoping to go to:
The Spring Fling
ITG
IRG2.0
LeMay's
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:11 pm

We are planning on the Dam Gathering but not the ITG as stated before but planning on the following Northwest events.
Spring Fling - Morton WA
Blue Moon Festival - Goldendale, WA
Kelson Campout - Roslyn, WA
Carnation 4th of July - Carnation, WA
Larry's Fun Time Rally - Castle Rock, WA
LeMay Open House Campout - Spanaway, WA
We will be doing our own camping at local state parks before all of these events as we are ready for Spring.Image
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Caradoc » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:54 am

I'm just starting to build mine, and I'd love to stop by sometime and talk to somepeople and see what everybody has done. My wife still isn't really convinced, but she's letting me proceed anyway, but she still doesn't quite see what I have in mind. Seeing and talking to some people may help.

Shasta isn't that far from Reno/Sparks, NV, and I may be able to come just as a day trip.

--Lance
Caradoc
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:17 am

Lance, Bring her by. She'll see a lot of tears and meet some really great people. Plus you'll get to ask questions about building and maybe pick up a few ideas too.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Shasta Gathering

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:02 am

8)Hey Lance,
One suggestion to get the wife to buy into it and get excited is to let her pick the interior decorating scheme or in TearDrop lingo..."The Theme".
Perhaps she likes to collect something??? Then that might be the perfect way to entice her in to bonding better with the TD thing. You'll have to check out some of the themes that people have taken into their TD's (and their lives) and then before you know it she'll be finding pillow material, bedspread, curtains, etc. with that "theme" on it. I remember the 1st time Dean and I went to Shasta with the kids, and my parents in tow. We went over for a day trip and I was just amazed at what people had done with them "itty bitty trailers". Also, the people are just great and let you wander around and check out what they've done. I think that was some kind of prerequisite at the Shasta Gathering. Hope you'll be able to come.

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby grant whipp » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:37 am

Hey there, Lance!

If memory serves me well, a wonderful teardropping couple from Sparks by the name of Smith has made 12 of the last 13 Dam Gatherings, and if you don't already know them (they have a concourse-restored '50 KampMaster and a way-cool late '40s Modernistic-type), you'll get to meet them and a handful of other N. Nevadans that make it to Shasta every year. If Debbie can't convince your wife of the coolness and convenience of teardropping, nobody can ... ;) ... ;) ...

C'mon over ... we'll show y'all a great time! If you can stay for the Saturday night fun ... all the better!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Caradoc » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:54 am

Thank you all. I was showing my wife this thread and your suggestions, and I got a "I'll tell you what I think when I see it" look. So, it's positive. 8)

I haven't seen another tear around here in Reno or Sparks -- in fact, except for the many fine pictures on this site, I've never actually seen one. However, when I stumbled across this and other sites last year, the whole idea just made sense, and filled all of the prerequisites.

Now that I've got the trailer assembled, I'm anxious to get a couple more boards cut out cut to really get a feel for what I'm getting into. I've marked the dementions for the 5x8 Benroy on the floor, and my wife and I were laying between the taped marks (and I got another one of those looks, too), and it seems well enough, but I'd like to see the real thing.

I'm also almost done with a house remodel -- I've got the closets left to do this weekend. Then, I can really get started.

--Lance
Caradoc
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jdarkoregon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:07 pm

Lance, something you might also try is attending some car shows, often there are a couple tears that are being towed along for the ride. Maybe you can get some ideas from that,

Have fun John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:15 pm

Caradoc wrote:Thank you all. I was showing my wife this thread and your suggestions, and I got a "I'll tell you what I think when I see it" look. So, it's positive. 8)

I haven't seen another tear around here in Reno or Sparks -- in fact, except for the many fine pictures on this site, I've never actually seen one. However, when I stumbled across this and other sites last year, the whole idea just made sense, and filled all of the prerequisites.

Now that I've got the trailer assembled, I'm anxious to get a couple more boards cut out cut to really get a feel for what I'm getting into. I've marked the dementions for the 5x8 Benroy on the floor, and my wife and I were laying between the taped marks (and I got another one of those looks, too), and it seems well enough, but I'd like to see the real thing.

I'm also almost done with a house remodel -- I've got the closets left to do this weekend. Then, I can really get started.

--Lance

Lance, Ignore the looks. My wife derailed my tear project for about 2 years and now I can't keep her out of it, she just loves it. :D DannyImage
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Juli n Bill » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:05 pm

We're going to be passing by the area that weekend with the tear and a 28 ft cargo trailer. :) We're moving north and Shasta is right on our way. If there's someplace that we can park the cargo trailer we might drop in and say hi. We'll need a break at that point of the trip and Shasta is about where we would be planning on spending the night anyway.
Juli n Bill
Teardrop Master

Postby rainjer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Juli n Bill wrote:We're going to be passing by the area that weekend with the tear and a 28 ft cargo trailer. :) We're moving north and Shasta is right on our way. If there's someplace that we can park the cargo trailer we might drop in and say hi. We'll need a break at that point of the trip and Shasta is about where we would be planning on spending the night anyway.

I would think there would be plenty of room. There a a lot of travel trailers out there a longer than that. You my want to contact Grant & double check.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby billnut » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:09 pm

:D Shucks Lance bring your wife and a bed roll you Folks cn sleep under my easyup and cook on my stuff in the Teardrop. O CAN SHE COOK :lol: :lol:
(o Sis can't go Sis the bird well be there The bird don't snore)
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:18 pm

Juli n Bill wrote:We're going to be passing by the area that weekend with the tear and a 28 ft cargo trailer. :) We're moving north and Shasta is right on our way. If there's someplace that we can park the cargo trailer we might drop in and say hi. We'll need a break at that point of the trip and Shasta is about where we would be planning on spending the night anyway.
Juli, stop on by so we can check out that new galley in person.

P.S. Where are you moving to?
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North West