Recommended Painter for Vintage Trailer?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Recommended Painter for Vintage Trailer?

Postby TRDRPR » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:55 pm

We picked up a cute 13' 1961 Aljo trailer that is in need of a paint job. I think she qualifies as a tiny trailer. Does anyone know of anyone they can recommend to paint it in the Portland Metro area? We'd like to have a two-tone paint job with an incorporated logo. I've sourced the Aljo decal, so we just need the paint. Thanks in advance.

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Recommended Painter for Vintage Trailer?

Postby Dave S » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Gretchen, you have an interesting request..........hobby painters have nearly dried up with the EPA and the Federal Police keeping us safe. If you want someone to simply squirt the trailer, I have had surprisingly good luck with Maco paint shops (really). The fellas paint a lot of rigs and "can" lay down a good paint job. Prep work is another issue, especially with an aluminum body. That can, and often does, require some additional sealers or bonding agents........and if you need body work on aluminum, that can be yet another issue. There are (or were) some folks in the TOW group who restore or have restored trailers including paint. Steve and Peg Birley just got a new "standee" which was newly painted by one of the members. Ed Kelson may have some contacts also. And my guru of all things known, Rod Glassett must have a contact or two. In addition, I have seen several trailer restoration shops in the Oregon area on line. I think I was rooting around the various internet sites under antique trailers, classic trailers, restoration, etc. Not much direct help, but perhaps a caring finger pointed in the right direction...........Just a TOW 'Bud.......D
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Postby Dave S » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:19 pm

The other TOW member that I could not remember is Doug Cronn. He seems to be deeply involved in restoration (maybe). Good luck
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Postby TRDRPR » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks, Dave. :thumbsup:
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mvperini » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Gretchen

we met at Mciver park this weekend, talked about painting your trailer. i do not remember if i mentioned Lafayette auto body in lafayette oregon, they specialize in painting RVs and they have done some custom work for me. might give them a call

Mike and Zellie

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

Postby TRDRPR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Mike,

Great idea.

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North West