Idaho Freezeout Jan 25-28, 2018

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: Idaho Freezeout Jan 25-28, 2018

Postby Loren » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Rob:
We're going to go to Hells Canyon on Tuesday, to see if the showers are on yet- I'
ll post on Tues PM.
Loren
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Loren » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Campground report, Copperfield Park, Oxbow OR, Hells Canyon
Hot showers available in heated bldg, water not on at each site but water available at the bathroom. Electricity at all sites. Site Cost= $6/night for seniors, $8/night everybody else. (This includes shower and power.)
There was nobody camping there, 30+ sites available. The groundskeeper says it is dead since everybody was expecting snow. These sites will be reservation only come April. This is our favorite site in the whole area- the TOW Fall Crawl stayed there last Fall for many days.
We are planning on arriving there noonish on Friday.
Loren & Claudia
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Postby robfisher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 am

Great report, Loren. Thanks! Looks like I can't get away this weekend due to work. Hope you have a great time. I might be able to sneak up late Friday afternoon for just one night. Next weekend looks better for me.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Vedette » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Loren wrote:C- the TOW Fall Crawl stayed there last Fall for many days. .
Loren & Claudia

Hey Loren you and Claudia have been on at least 3 Fall Crawls :roll: do you remember the banner we hold up for the group picture before we break camp?? :thinking: ......Does it say T.O.W.????? :R
NO...the Fall Crawl is a "Tear Jerkers" event and always has been! :thumbsup:
We may stop in on T.O.W. events along the way with our Tear Jerker Group, but the Fall Crawl is still sponsored by the PNW Tear Jerkers Chapter!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Ps
It is too bad that that nice campground is going to convert to "Reservation Only" .......ruining camping for "Travellers" much like the NP system has done! :cry:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Loren » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Brian!
Sheesh! Sorry! RE: the Hells Canyon campground- should you arrive without a reservation and there seem to be spots available, there will be a kiosk by the water fountain to check on availability and make the reservation on the spot. Turns out that a big factor was that the place brought in a lot of cash that wasn't very well secured in the wooden box. :twisted: Camping was very cold! Windy, clear skies. Friday night we were the only ones in the whole place. The maintenance guy said everyone was afraid of the non-existent winter snow and stayed home. The hot shower was nice, there was power for the 250-watt heater in the teardrop and there was drinking water at the bathroom. I drove by the 1000 Spring site yesterday but it was really windy and predicted low was 9 degrees F. Need to work on the Lake Shasta reservations next- see you in about 9 weeks!
Loren
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to North West