Attention, Lake Perris TD gathering!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Attention, Lake Perris TD gathering!!

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 pm

No mention has been made about the biggest all-teardrop gathering in the world, which will take place March 23 to the 26th, right here in So Calif at Lake Perris, in March 23rd to the 26th. If you are within driving distance of this event, be sure to swing on by with you TD or just come on over for a visit, since walk-ins are always welcome. Come one come all, and if you have a vintage trailer, you can camp nearby, just across a small field and walk over to see the many teardrop gems on display. We are a friendly bunch, and who knows, the teardrop bug might bite you too. There will be a pot-luck Sat night and even intertainment, so I'm told. See you there. I'll be there complete with an all-wood, one-of-a-kind teardrop, complete with flip-down wooden flip-down Sony Plasma TV, connected to an all-wood, roof-top satelite dish. Reception is great......I get woody woodpecker flicks and Pinochio clips as well. Oh what fun.
:) 8) :applause: Roly, the li'l ol' woody TD guy in sunny So Calilf.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: Attention, Lake Perris TD gathering!!

Postby Esteban » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Lake Perris Teardrop Gathering 2017 has more information and online registration.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby irgod32 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Those who build your own TD or Tiny Camping Trailer you may be interested in the gathering below :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68093
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Syberia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 am

My trailer wasn't completely done yet, but I live right across the freeway from there and totally missed it :(
Syberia
Teardrop Inspector

Postby working on it » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:02 am

irgod32 wrote:Those who build your own TD or Tiny Camping Trailer you may be interested in the gathering below :thumbsup:

• irgod32's "Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24 2017" planned event may be/have been a better choice for a lot of TnTTT 'ers, with an open to all format. From what I read, "teardrops only" are welcomed at Lake Perris. From the viewpoint of a builder of a "squareback" or "simple" (as shown on the design pages), that's a bit elitist for my taste; not consistent with the spirit embodied by this forum, which has been quite agreeable to trailers of multiple types (or one-offs, that are unique to themselves).
  • from the "Homebuilt Gathering" thread:This gathering will be focusing on home built tiny trailers. The idea for this gathering is to see as many styles and ideas for small camping trailers. I have been to a few Teardrop trailer gatherings and although all the original TD had a special place in time. Home built trailers whether built like the original "Teardrop" shape to a modified TD style or a completely original shape/design have always caught my eye. Mostly because when someone takes pride in their build, they seem to be more likely to use their trailer.
  • I've been welcomed to the South Central group, which is very informal as to trailer or people types- just camping-minded folks need apply. Most were introduced to it through this forum. I felt drawn to them from the first camp I shared with them, unlike a previous group I had been a member of.
  • The previous group I refer to is not camping or trailer-related, but a car club. My car (and others)were of the same marque, vintages, and general aspects, but not of the same pedigree (numbers matching), nor quality (works in progress, imperfect paint, etc.). I often felt out-of-place among them, and eventually I organized the downfall of that club (never belittle any man's pride-and-joy).
  • I may be wrong about the Lake Perris group, or similar "teardrops only" gatherings, but as long as mikeschn welcomes all types of like-minded people to his forum, then I'll not try to attend any elitist gatherings. P.S. perhaps only "vintage" trailers (survivors from the 30-40-50's "golden age") should have their own special place of honor...but none should be turned away for being different.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby irgod32 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

working on it wrote:
irgod32 wrote:Those who build your own TD or Tiny Camping Trailer you may be interested in the gathering below :thumbsup:

• irgod32's "Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24 2017" planned event may be/have been a better choice for a lot of TnTTT 'ers, with an open to all format. From what I read, "teardrops only" are welcomed at Lake Perris. From the viewpoint of a builder of a "squareback" or "simple" (as shown on the design pages), that's a bit elitist for my taste; not consistent with the spirit embodied by this forum, which has been quite agreeable to trailers of multiple types (or one-offs, that are unique to themselves).
  • from the "Homebuilt Gathering" thread:This gathering will be focusing on home built tiny trailers. The idea for this gathering is to see as many styles and ideas for small camping trailers. I have been to a few Teardrop trailer gatherings and although all the original TD had a special place in time. Home built trailers whether built like the original "Teardrop" shape to a modified TD style or a completely original shape/design have always caught my eye. Mostly because when someone takes pride in their build, they seem to be more likely to use their trailer.
  • I've been welcomed to the South Central group, which is very informal as to trailer or people types- just camping-minded folks need apply. Most were introduced to it through this forum. I felt drawn to them from the first camp I shared with them, unlike a previous group I had been a member of.
  • The previous group I refer to is not camping or trailer-related, but a car club. My car (and others)were of the same marque, vintages, and general aspects, but not of the same pedigree (numbers matching), nor quality (works in progress, imperfect paint, etc.). I often felt out-of-place among them, and eventually I organized the downfall of that club (never belittle any man's pride-and-joy).
  • I may be wrong about the Lake Perris group, or similar "teardrops only" gatherings, but as long as mikeschn welcomes all types of like-minded people to his forum, then I'll not try to attend any elitist gatherings. P.S. perhaps only "vintage" trailers (survivors from the 30-40-50's "golden age") should have their own special place of honor...but none should be turned away for being different.

Thank you for quoting me!
There are spaces still available as of today. If you have a home built tiny trailer design you'd like to show off, please get you space ASAP!
Please follow my link above to see where and when.
Hope to see you there!

:thumbsup:
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby joe duncan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 pm

irgod32's "Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24 2017" planned event may be/have been a better choice for a lot of TnTTT 'ers, with an open to all format. From what I read, "teardrops only" are welcomed at Lake Perris. From the viewpoint of a builder of a "squareback" or "simple" (as shown on the design pages), that's a bit elitist for my taste; not consistent with the spirit embodied by this forum, which has been quite agreeable to trailers of multiple types (or one-offs, that are unique to themselves).

I'll say what everone is dancing around here

Do we now have two elitist groups here ???
The Home built only group
and The
Teardrop only group ??????
Thats sad to me !!!!!!
Anyone in love with the outdoors and camping is more than welcome to camp with me !!!!!!!!
Bring your trailer what ever size shape or color or condition, bought or home built ....
I think the common ground is that we all enjoy our trailers, the beautiful outdoors and meeting great people with common intrest
Joe & Michelle
Jamestown, Ca.
Sierra foothills / Gold country
joe duncan
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill n Robi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:46 am

I'm with you Joe, I am not one for exclusions.
If people want to have a club that's "home built" or "made before 7/15/1963" or "TV must be pre-1951" or "no cargo conversions" or no "T@Bs" then good for them. They have to announce it somewhere, just make sure it is upfront so I won't bother with it or new members won't try to join in not knowing they are not welcome.
I took some flack over the Joshua Tree get together. It started with a comment in the Little Guy forum that there were a bunch of us in SoCal, some snow birds were coming out anyway and it grew from there. Since it wasn't "organized or structured" I did not publish it elsewhere, didn't think it qualified as an official gathering. I know now....
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby groovyfingers » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Any plans for a Joshua Tree campout in the near future?
groovyfingers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bill n Robi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 am

groovyfingers wrote:Any plans for a Joshua Tree campout in the near future?

We were going to try for another Black Rock gathering around St Patrick's Day but things moved fast on our new place in Bishop so we will still be settling in.

Hoping to start a 'wild west wagon train' gathering at the same time as the Alabama Hill's Day in April. Do a gathering and see all the sights with guided tours. Do something more than just sitting around ... Last years event was great.
http://www.alabamahillsstewardshipgroup.org/events/
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby groovyfingers » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Aw..Okay...I've been wanting to check out the Alabama Hills for some time..so I'll try to follow any threads on that. Joshua Tree is my home and I can offer a lot of insight on history and hiking (Black Rock campground is probably my least favorite campground there though...)

Kathy G
groovyfingers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby blondiesue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 am

groovyfingers wrote:Aw..Okay...I've been wanting to check out the Alabama Hills for some time..so I'll try to follow any threads on that. Joshua Tree is my home and I can offer a lot of insight on history and hiking (Black Rock campground is probably my least favorite campground there though...)

Kathy G

Just noticed your location says Yucca Valley. That's my home town ;)
Susan
blondiesue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby groovyfingers » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:31 pm

blondiesue wrote:
groovyfingers wrote:Aw..Okay...I've been wanting to check out the Alabama Hills for some time..so I'll try to follow any threads on that. Joshua Tree is my home and I can offer a lot of insight on history and hiking (Black Rock campground is probably my least favorite campground there though...)

Kathy G

Just noticed your location says Yucca Valley. That's my home town ;)

Hi Susan...I just saw your message about Yucca Valley being your home town. (I have a hard time navigating this site). But yes, I am in Yucca as well...been here since 1990. (Do you still live here?) Do you have a teardrop and are you going to either the Arizona gathering or the Lake Perris one?

Kathy
groovyfingers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:32 pm

As far as I know, there is only one "teardrops only" Gathering. It is at Lake Perris in So Calif. and was started by a TD builder many years ago, to simply promote TD building and camping. Any other camping rigs can set up camp right across a small field, and are invited to attend all of the events, even the pot luck dinner on Sat. night. If I am correct, there are a number of gatherings that exclude teardrops, and I have been turned away from one that I know of. Slam not, any of our efforts and we will be slamless of any others. See ya at Lake Perris, next week!
Roly, the li'l ol woody teardrop builder, pushing 86 but I'll be there.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby noseoil » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Leaving tomorrow from Tucson...
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to South West