I'm the first to post post IRG?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

I'm the first to post post IRG?

Postby pgwilli » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:08 pm

We headed out from Pamplin this morning (not too early) and stopped at Harris Beach SP for a short day. It has wifi, so much to Norma's dismay, I looged on.
Got the laundry and bodies washed, I just wish I could figure a good way to wash the puppies.
The IRG was fantastic. Good folks, food and surroundings. We are having a wonderful trip.

Gotta go. Pics when we get home in a couple days
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:28 am

Dean, Joannie, etc.--

We had a great time at the IRG. It was certainly a fun time had by all. We really appreciate all your hard work organizing it. There was good food, good times, and most of all, good people. Those that weren't able to attend sure missed a good gathering. We are looking forward to the next one.

Rob, Caryn, Abby
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Just got home, Kathy and I had a great time. so many great people, Joanny and Dean did a great job way above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks so much, And all that food was great especially the dutch oven cookers. I have a lot of homework to do. We will post our pictures as soon as we can.

P.S. Doug what can I say about Doug I,m sure everyone noticed he and dutch oven Dave seemed to make quite the connection, On saturday night they even dressed similar. perhaps there's another 22 inch d.o. in the future.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Dean Williams » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:38 pm

What a great time!!

I'm still on my way home, and about two days out, but am writing from a public library in Prineville OR. Just had to stop in and give it a quick check to see who's posted.

Dean and Joanie, I had a wonderful visit to "your" redwoods! :applause: :applause:

Where do I sign up for the next one?
Dean (no, not that Dean. The other Dean.)

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 pm

A sincere Thank You to everyone who attended the 2006 Inaugural Redwood Gathering at Pamplin Grove.
Thank You for trusting us to host this gathering and for traveling many, many miles to get here.
We met new friends and old ones as well.... It seemed like a big family get together.
I think we had 43 trailers and 13 tents with 8 states and 3 countries represtented. There were 5 cancelations and 8 no shows. Has anyone seen, heard from or know what's up with Guy??? (We are very worried about him)
Many of you found out what a lucky dude I am, to have TDN as a girlfriend.
The winners of the trophies were as follows...
People's Choice - Doug Hodder
Best Idea - Andy Aspenwall
Teardrop Spirit - Donna Miller (Sorry Eddie)
Longest Trail - "The Mexican Tear" Kai & Lois
Special Challenge - George Boyett
Horse Shoe Pitching - Carl James
Hard Luck - Billnut
Distinguished Service - Kevin A
Lifetime Achievement - Grant & Lisa Whipp
Best Photography - Not determined yet

It's far from being set in stone, but I'm thinking we are going to host this gathering every other year, giving folks more choices of what to do with their vacation time and so as not to conflict with the ITG in 2007. Oh Yaa... We wouldn't get burnt out as hosts, going that way too. :? (Thanks Jane)

TDN and I will take some time to unwind a bit, then we'll make a decision and let everyone know.
Oh... Just want to let Steve Elliott know that he wasn't the only one who had the battery die on him, right after hopping in the shower. :lol:

Kai & Lois decided to spend another night and will be camping out in my driveway tonight, didn't want either one of my kid's beds... Something about setting a record for consectutive nights in a teardrop. (Yaa, Uh-Huh) :lol:

TDN and I are going to dinner with them tonight and Kai & I are gonna catch up on old times.
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Ken A Hood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Guest wrote:Best Idea - Andy Aspenwall

And the idea was................................. :worship:

We're all going to steal it eventually anyway :)
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:49 pm

Sounds like you guys all had a good time... We are waiting on the pictures.

Now that Pamplin grove has come and gone, what do I do with that link up there? :? I guess we'll put it away till next year, eh?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kevin A » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:06 pm

mikeschn wrote:Sounds like you guys all had a good time... We are waiting on the pictures.

Now that Pamplin grove has come and gone, what do I do with that link up there? :? I guess we'll put it away till next year, eh?

Mike...

Mike,
unless it's using up space, I would suggest leaving it there for now, as it links to the IRG message board. I'm sure Dean will be along sometime soon to let you know what he wants done with it.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby dguff » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:45 pm

:campfire: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kudos to Dean and Joanie, Doug and Kevin and all who worked so hard to make the IRG a great success. It was great fun with great people, well organized and I can't imagine a better first effort from anyone who has organized a gathering. Really looking forward to another one in a couple of years. Thanks!!!!

Jerome :lol:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:45 pm

For those of you that missed the IRG...welll...you missed a pretty good time...continental breakfasts in the cook shack in the morning, toiletries in the bathrooms, firewood for all, bottled water were just a few of the special touches that were added, not to mention awesome massages under the redwoods...48 degrees at night and high of 75-78...good water temps in the river, horseshoes, eats, and lots of visiting....Dean and Joanie really pulled out all the stops on this one to make it really special and it was...and Ken...Andy's ideas weren't 1 specific one...there were so many that it was overwhelming...double stainless sinks, really nice little canvas cover with dressing areas on each side, numerous racks for all sorts of goodies, wrapped up in a 4x8 of 80% recycled materials...really a tasty little tear... Cherokeegeorge really hit it off with Dutch Oven Dave, even wrote him a poem...sounds like he has a new friend....and George does a good Bill Murray...:thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:44 pm

But what happened to the weddin' pictures? :o
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:17 am

Guest wrote:<snip>
It's far from being set in stone, but I'm thinking we are going to host this gathering every other year, giving folks more choices of what to do with their vacation time and so as not to conflict with the ITG in 2007. Oh Yaa... We wouldn't get burnt out as hosts, going that way too. :? (Thanks Jane)
<snip>

Cool, I don't think my Ford can take 'Doug's Triangle' every year. Yep, broke down again trying to get home. Froze up the generator just outside of Sacramento and spent 4 hours looking for and then replacing the generator. Got home about 9:30 tonight. Other than that, had a great time. Even tried some Blue cheese scallop potato’s. Nobody would say if there was any beer in the batch though. :thinking:

Great Gathering there Dean and Joanie. :applause: :applause:

Have a good day.
:thinking:
Pictures forth coming. I got a bunch.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:38 am

Ken A Hood wrote:
Guest wrote:Best Idea - Andy Aspenwall

And the idea was................................. :worship:
We're all going to steal it eventually anyway :)

Take your chose. His complete teardrop was filled with neat ideas.
Even his fenders were made from two different vintage car/truck hoods. :thumbsup:

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Thank you for your kind words

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:13 am

8) Good morning (or whatever greeting appropriate for the time you are reading this) -- My name is TDNanny and it's been two days since my last TD Potluck...... :R

For those TDers who stayed over Sunday night, we had a Clean Out the ReFrigerator (ice chests emptied) Potluck, featuring homemade Cherry Garcia ice cream in the Dutch Oven by Chef-Boy-R-Dean. It was so rich, smooth, and delicious. :) Much better than the DO Banana slugs. :lol:

And yes Paul, you were the 1st to post BOTH on the Pamplin Grove and T&TTT website. Your TICKET will be arriving shortly in the mail. :rofl2:

Rob & Caryn, it was a pleasure spending time with you again. Thank you for the donation of your special made vino for our raffle. :wine:

I'd also like to thank Cherokee George (Captain A) & Kathy for all their
willingness to do whatever needed to be done. Congratulation for winning the limerick contest with that great one that your WIFE wrote! :shhh:

Dean W. no, not 'my Dean', thanks for keeping in touch as you made your trek back to Idaho. Hopefully nothing DROPPED in unexpectedly on you this time. :O

I'd like to thank you Jerome & Delores for your many writings and personalized TD limerick booklet. I shall treasure it always. :lips:

And Dougie, what could I say that would really express our thanks & gratitude for all the behind the scenes and in front of the crowd work that you did for this gathering. Guess I'll be giving you a lifetime pass for massages! :shake hands: You & Kevin A. really have been there for us the whole time and it is greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

Gage, I'm happy to say your roving ways with a fork & spoon set are catching on. I personally hit every camp once a day and by the time my rounds were done, I couldn't eat another thing! :chips:

And Andy, I know you are out their lurking somewhere. Get on here and take those kudos for your TD. There were so many wonderful ideas and most of us were impressed by the economy/efficiency of using recycled pieces. "It's good for the environment and the TD". :laughter:

There will be lots more coming as our friends return home and get busy downloading all those pictures...plus a few items from their TDs. I feel like this is the Academy Awards for TDs, and I don't want to leave anyone out. To all my Kitchen Magicians, my "What can I do?" crew, you were an immense help as we fed and cleaned up after all those fabulous potlucks. My Magic Crew, Donn & Donna, you did so much clean-up/take down that mere words of thanks do not even begin to cover all that you did. :woohoo:

Thanks to Mike of T&TTT for keeping us at the Top of the Site as we'd like to maintain the domain name for Pamplin Grove. Also to bg for hosting our Pamplin Grove website. The extra exposure surely made a difference. :applause:

To all of you who responded and will be responding, thank you for making this first time gathering such a HUGE success. You can be certain I will be willing to do this again. The outpouring of thanks, support, encouragement, & love makes it all worth the while.

TDN xoxo
Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:18 am

OH HURRAY!!! I'm saddened that I didn't get to make it, but will go ahead and pencil it in for 07. And so happy that you all had a good, good teardrop time!! I hope EVERYBODY will make it to the ITG next summer, like you said ... a big family reunion !!!

Most of all... I want to meet Doug... that's all I'll say about that.

Thanks Cherokee George and others for the great pictures !! I"m pumped to get my Jewel Box done (doors are one this week! roof next week!)

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to South West