I'm the first to post post IRG?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby doug hodder » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:09 am

Dean...you should have let me know....I had epoxy and glass with me, we could have done a patch!!! and the samples from the seminar are still sitting on top of the janitors closet in the cook shack... Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby doug hodder » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:18 am

[/quote]
Cool, I don't think my Ford can take 'Doug's Triangle' every year. Yep, broke down again trying to get home. Froze up the generator just outside of Sacramento and spent 4 hours looking for and then replacing the generator. Got home about 9:30 tonight. Other than that, had a great time. Even tried some Blue cheese scallop potato’s. Nobody would say if there was any beer in the batch though. :thinking:

Gage...didn't you have the same problem when you came up here to get the Santa Fe? I know you had a generator issue then...now that I think of it, had the same thing on the way to Minden too....sounds like you "generate" electrical problems.... :lol: :lol: glad to hear you got home OK....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: Thank you for your kind words

Postby Gage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:20 am

Dean Williams wrote: <snip> <snip>
Also, all who donated gifts for the raffle. What a generous bunch!
<snip>

You got the door handles that were meant for me because no one knew they were under the lights. He, he, not even you until you got the lights. :lol: Glade you made it home safely Dean.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:37 am

doug hodder wrote: <snip>
Gage...didn't you have the same problem when you came up here to get the Santa Fe? I know you had a generator issue then...now that I think of it, had the same thing on the way to Minden too....sounds like you "generate" electrical problems.... :lol: :lol: glad to hear you got home OK....Doug

Yep, this time it froze up. Had to be towed back to Sac to a Napa store and do a R&R out in the parking lot. I can't say enought about triple A, The gal on the other end of the phone called around and found me a generator so I was able to be towed right to the store and do the R&R right there in the parking lot. And to think I have an alternator on the work bench in the garage. Such is life with old cars. That will soon change, I hope. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:46 am

Good to hear you made it home OK. Did you ever figure out where the coolant came from?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:10 am

asianflava wrote:Good to hear you made it home OK. Did you ever figure out where the coolant came from?

Nope, never did. It did the same thing Sunday and Monday mornings. Run a couple of miles and it was dry as a bone. :thinking: Damn old cars. :?

Have a good day.

8)
Couple more days and then pictures up on the web for all to see (over 100).
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 am

Gage wrote:
asianflava wrote:Good to hear you made it home OK. Did you ever figure out where the coolant came from?

Nope, never did. It did the same thing Sunday and Monday mornings. Run a couple of miles and it was dry as a bone. :thinking: Damn old cars. :?

Have a good day.

8)
Couple more days and then pictures up on the web for all to see (over 100).

Gage, big diesels do that...it is called a cold water leak...once they get hot and there is some expansion they quit leaking...that "cold" weather in the Grove didit................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby tupelosue » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:30 am

I had a super time at the IRG!!

So sorry i had to arrive late (altho i did win the Latecomer's award) and i was happy to have my son Sam with me. Thanks to all who did so much to make him feel welcome. i asked him if he'd go to another one with me, and he answered "Maybe." so apparently y'all made a big hit with him :lol: :lol:

I was awed and amazed at all the wonderful things that were there at the gathering. most have been mentioned by everybody else, and my greatest and fondest memory was my farewell massage from Joanie!! It blissed me out for the 5 hour drive home. then i had a 1 hour turnaround time for the 3 hour drive to Groveland, followed by 3 days of white water rafting on the tuolumne. Today i plan to sit at home if I can.

Huge thanks to Dean and Joanie for visioning this event and the superb efforts by all to pull it off. :applause: :applause:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Dean Williams » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:32 pm

doug hodder wrote:Dean...you should have let me know....I had epoxy and glass with me, we could have done a patch!!! and the samples from the seminar are still sitting on top of the janitors closet in the cook shack... Doug

Gee, I never even thought about that, Doug! Could have had the experience of an epoxy pro right then and there. Duh! Luckily, I had no rain on the way home, although I had duct tape, just in case.
;)

Gage wrote:You got the door handles that were meant for me because no one knew they were under the lights. He, he, not even you until you got the lights. Glad you made it home safely Dean.

I was very pleased to get "your" handles, Gage! What a nice surprise when I looked under those lights and saw them. Thanks to Grant for those!!! Now I won't show up at the next gathering with a screen door knob on my tear. I'll be just like the "big boys"!
:D
Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Glad it all worked out for you two, Gage.
Dean (no, not that Dean. The other Dean.)

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:39 pm

Dean,
I wish I would have known about the branch hitting your trailer, before we gave out the the Hard Luck Award...
Next time I'm gonna need an advisor, photgrapher, cook, tournament coridinator, fire pit stoker and doler of the tickets person. :lol:
Maybe that way, I'll know what's going on. :lol:
(Delegate, Delegate, Delegate...)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Awesome Limerick A+++

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:52 am

:o Dean W., the limmy was wonderful, and I hope lots of people read it here. I'll be putting the rest of them on line...
just as soon as I can find them in the boxes I've been upacking :lol: :roll:

TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Previous

Return to South West