What happened to all the Utah builders?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

What happened to all the Utah builders?

Postby sunny16 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm

I haven't seen too many of the Utah builders post here lately. I was wondering how all the builds are going. I woas also thinking about planning some kind of a Utah gathering but don't know how many would/could show up. And any good ideas of where we could hold one? I have been looking for "group" sites but haven't had too much luck. So please post where you are in your builds and if you have any good ideas for a campout soon or in the coming fall. Maybe we can plan one for the spring of 2007. Any thoughts???? :roll: Anywhere in the state or close to it?
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby GregB » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:14 pm

I'm up for a get-together but I've got only a lonesome frame. I just cannot find time to work on it.

Greg
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Re: What happened to all the Utah builders?

Postby grant whipp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:17 pm

sunny16 wrote: ... I was also thinking about planning some kind of a Utah gathering but don't know how many would/could show up. And any good ideas of where we could hold one? I have been looking for "group" sites but haven't had too much luck. So please post where you are in your builds and if you have any good ideas for a campout soon or in the coming fall. Maybe we can plan one for the spring of 2007. Any thoughts???? Anywhere in the state or close to it?

Hey there, sunny!

An event is already planned for Utah this September! Info below. Don't know why it's not on the DESTINATIONS! Page, yet - www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html - (sent the info to my W'master before leaving for the Redwoods), but check it out, get with Paul, and start some things going in that fine state (I lived in Vernal from '79-'82 ... loved it!).

CHEERS!

Grant

September 16-17, 2006 Logan to Garder City, UTAH
The 1st Utah Bear Lake Teardrop Rally & Campout ... will start by meeting at the Cache Valley Mall parking lot on SR-91 in Logan, Utah, at 8:00 AM Saturday Sept, 16; depart at 9:00 AM and Rally to Garden City by way of Logan Canyon on US-89; arrive at Bear Lake KOA Campground, settle in, then get ready for campfire stories at the KOA fire ring! This is not a club event ... come as you are and meet us just for the fun of it. There may be talk about starting a Utah Teardrop Trailer Club at the campfire. Make your own reservations for the campground at www.koakampgrounds.com/where/ut/44101/ (about $40.00/nite for 2 persons). For more info, contact Paul Michelsen at 801-266-1037 or e-mail [email protected]
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby jmtk » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi Sunny,

I'm still here and still making steady progress (but somehow missed this thread until now - I gotta start using that "view posts since last visit" button! :) ) All my spare time at home (which isn't much) is spent in the garage building, not on the computer, hence the lack of posts. I usually check the site at work at lunch time, like now. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be putting all the pieces together this weekend - all the pieces are scattered about the house - I've taken over both garages and even have parts stored up in our bedroom (I ran out of wall space in the garages!). The sidewalls are both done, the floor and footwell are done except for sealing the inside surface, I'm sealing the bulkhead wall now, the ceiling is cut and sealed and ready to go (I'm using Steve Frederick's inside-out method). If I can get it all put together this weekend, I'll also try to post some progress pics.

I'm glad Grant posted the Bear Lake gathering! We'll have to try to make it, whether the trailer is done or not. I have yet to actually see one of these trailers in person!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby thobbs » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 pm

I'm still here! I have my deck finished and my sides cut out and ready to go up. Unfortuntly I had an accident with my bendy ply and cracked my wrist, so I'm not sure when I can get back to working on it. A gathering sounds fun. Garden City sounds good. I'll have to see if we can make it. My husband wants to go to Joe's Valley. Not sure it is my favorite. I like things more in the shady Northern Utah mountains. If I think of a place I'll let you know. Does anyone know if Mutual Dell is ever available to private parties? That would be awesome.
thobbs
Teardrop Master

Postby sunny16 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:46 pm

Good to hear from a couple of you again. And Grant, thanks for the Bear Lake info. I may try to get to that. And thobbs, where is Mutual Dell? I haven't heard of that one. Let me know and I will check it out. I know there are a couple of "group" camp grounds along the Mirror Lake Highway which could hold a few of us. And its in the mountains and shady! That's my favorite place to go camping so I don't know too many other areas in Utah and how nice they are. Keep working on those trailers. I had mine finished (so I thought) the first of July. Since then I have camped in it twice and yesterday I built a small drawer and a lockable cabinet for the inside. So its never really done........I am always thinking of things I can add to it or even change. I look forward to meeting all of you someday at a gathering.
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby thobbs » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:39 am

Mutual Dell is up American Fork Canyon as you turn to take the loop. It is owned by the church and they do girls camp, scouts, and ward parties up there. I have a neighbor who I think has her family reunions up there so I think you can get it. It is beautiful and has a great pavilion and amphitheater.
thobbs
Teardrop Master

Talking Utah Gathering Anyone?

Postby Yogi Bear » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:59 pm

Hello All,

Just back from the 1 ever Logan Utah to Garden City TD gathering.
We were frozen out this time and most cancelled at the last min.
So, I am thinking mybe a gathering in Bryce Canyon area in May or June next year. But there are lot a places to camp around Salt lake County too.
There is no club. But a few Tear Droppers willing to have a good time camping.

Paul,
Yogi Bear

[email protected]
Yogi Bear
Teardrop Master

Postby GregB » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:59 am

Paul,

Did you make it up there? My wife and I and some friends went up there to see teardrops (mine is still under construction). We were there Friday through Sunday and saw only one T@B, and this guy wasn't even a member of the group! It was about 38 degrees most of the time with a little snow and some pretty good wind. The Mountain Man rendezvous was interesting, but it was funny to see all these people in period dress exiting brand new RVs to go shooting. We were kind of bummed to not see teardroppers but the area was sure beautiful.

Greg
GregB
500 Club

Postby Spadinator » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:56 am

Hey Yogi....it was great to meet you and your wife there. As I told you my tear is not done yet or I would have brought it. We also went to the camp ground but found no tears!! :cry: We were going to stop by later and chat but alas after driving around for a while we found ourselves in Wyoming! See ya next time..... Mike
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Spadinator
500 Club

Postby jmtk » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi Yogi,

We didn’t contact you prior to the event, but we did make it to the Garden City KOA by early Saturday afternoon. Our 6-year old diligently packed all his stuff the night before and was so excited about it that we couldn’t stay home, come heck or high water (even if the high water may have been in the form of snow). Our teardrop isn’t done yet either, and with the cold, wet weather, we opted to “camp” in one of the KOA cabins (that is, if you call sleeping in a building with electric heat “camping” 8) Even though we didn’t get to meet anyone or see any teardrops, we still had fun, which included enjoying a famous Bear Lake raspberry “over the top” shake, roasting marshmallows and eating s’mores, playing Frisbee and digging tunnels in the sand on a very deserted beach, and stopping at the Fossil Butte National Monument on the way home. So thanks for organizing the event and we hope to see you and others the next time!

Greg, what were you camping in? Whenever we walked through the campground, I kept looking for familiar faces from avatars, but never recognized anyone. Sorry we missed you! Next time we’ll all have to tape our forum names or a teardrop picture in our windshields so we can identify people without trailers!

Spad, sorry we missed you, too!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Utah Tear Drop Group!

Postby Yogi Bear » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:30 pm

Hello To The Group!

Well, as it turns out we did have a Utah Tear Drop Rally and campout after all!

I was checking the Tear Drop forums today, plus in my email I found some good reports about our rally and campout. It looks like everyone in there own way showed up with or without there Tear Drop Trailer.
Some are still building there trailers and others checked into the KOA cabins. Some had last min. unplanned things happen early on Saturday and had to pass on the rally this time.

So, there is a Utah Tear Drop Group after all!!!

This is what I learned from our first rally and campout.

1- Have all participate register before the rally or campout.

2- Have a way to I.D. each other. Per. Jeanette posting.
ie: "Next time we’ll all have to tape our forum names or a teardrop picture in our windshields so we can identify people without trailers!"

3- Have a cell phone number that people can call if they get lost or break down, or cannot find the group.

4- Tip the Weather Man a "Ten Spot"

Thanks for the reports today, Yogi's a Happy Camper! :D

Let's plan a meeting to meet each other and eat some pizza!

Keep Those Tiny Tires Turning
Yogi Bear,
Yogi Bear
Teardrop Master

Postby GregB » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 am

Jeanette,

We were "camped" in Kabin K105, probably just across from you! Given the refreshing breeze on Saturday, we didn't spend a great deal of time outdoors. I never even saw you or Mike and I haven't met Yogi or seen his picture, so I looked for trailers. On a positive note, at the gas station there in Garden City I found a cap that says "Bear's Den". I had to get it since that will be the name of my teardrop (my nickname since childhood has been Bear).

GB
GregB
500 Club

Postby sunny16 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:09 pm

Well, it seems that we all need to come up with a spring fling teardrop gathering somewhere in the state. There are lots of group site campgrounds around. The KOA's seem to be a bit on the expensive side, I think for a 1-2 nighter camp. (My opinion only.) I have been looking around the state on maps for a centrally located camp but there are so many nice places to visit, I think we need some choices. Anyone else got any ideas? I know up at Payson Lakes there is a large area that the local Hams use once a year for Field Day. I have never been but they always have a pretty good turnout. And Bryce Canyon has a good campground but they usually have lots of campers, especially in the summer. WHat other places do you think are available? We've got the winter to come up with a Utah Gathering, all invited! :thumbsup:
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby thobbs » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Sound good to me!
thobbs
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to South West