IRG Afterglow...

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

IRG Afterglow...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Joanie and I struck out for Swimmers Delight on Friday for a little R&R, only to find that they were full to capacity, so we headed on up to Grizzley Creek State Park Crampground... Highway 36 is about 10' behind the Comet's galley.

Somebody is ready for a foot rub....

One neat surprise about staying in the "Crampground" was running into new teardroppers; Brett and Susan from Vancouver, WA. They were bummed to learn that they missed the IRG by one week, but we made 'em feel better... Gave them some IRG souvenirs. Grant was the only person in our group that Brett knew anything about, having bought some parts from him. Brett was really impressed with my custom woody. :o
(Just kidding Doug... We introduced ourselves as the Teardrop Floozies and told the truth)

We were able to get a campsite at Swimmer's on Saturday morning. (Ranger Pat says that they are in the middle of "Oh Sh.." Season... (Oh "golly", summer is almost over and we haven't taken the kids camping yet)

As I was pulling out of the crampsite at Grizzley Creek, to head down to Swimmer's, this couple came running up and wanted to look at Doug's awesome craftsmanship... They ended up moving down to Swimmer's too... This is Pat and Janet and Pat did a couple of nice songs for us, in between all the teardrop talk... They should be joining the forum shortly. :thumbsup:

When "things" are nice and slow, as they were this weekend, I actually had a few moments of creativity, I think...
I had some fun playing around with Doug's awesome finish work...

Comet In The Trees

Redwood Reflections I

Redwood Reflections II

Can you find Nanny???

With a nice relaxing weekend, being as lazy and kickback as possible... It was nice to personally thank Ranger Pat for everything he does for the two county parks out there...
Ranger Pat is the reason why Swimmers Delight & Pamplin Grove are two of the nicest places to camp in our neck of the woods.
This guy should win an award... :applause:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: IRG Afterglow...

Postby Joanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:24 pm

There's something I never saw the entire IRG weekend...Joanie taking a well deserved break. Enjoy it now girl!

:thumbsup:
Guest wrote:
Somebody is ready for a foot rub....

New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:51 pm

hey Dean!!!!.....what happened, the axle appears to be about 2" lower than what I built...what didja hit????....just kidding dude....:lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kevin A » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:57 pm

doug hodder wrote:hey Dean!!!!.....what happened, the axle appears to be about 2" lower than what I built...what didja hit????....just kidding dude....:lol: Doug

I think that happened when Dean ran over that redwood log in the dark..... :o :o :cry:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:30 pm

Maybe it was that 3' deep pot hole we hit doing about 85mph, trying to get out of the way of all the fire trucks heading towards that fire in Bridgeville?
Didn't drive over any logs, but I walked into a few on my nightly toilet runs.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:37 pm

I probably should have put a "hub-o-meter" on it....doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kevin A » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:45 pm

doug hodder wrote:I probably should have put a "hub-o-meter" on it....doug
Do those things work when it's going backwards or airborne? ;) :lol:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:53 pm

Does LoJack track altitude levels? :lol:
What the hell is a hub-o-meter???
OH Hey, I also "trued" the tounge jack wheel up for yaa... It was easy, just drove with the tounge jack deployed for about 10 miles or so... :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:59 pm

Dean...it probably helped with the saggy springs on that pickup...too much glass over the years guy....doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kevin A » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Guest wrote:Does LoJack track altitude levels? :lol:
What the hell is a hub-o-meter???
OH Hey, I also "trued" the tounge jack wheel up for yaa... It was easy, just drove with the tounge jack deployed for about 10 miles or so... :lol:

This reminds me of the time we headed up to Black Rock on the way home from Bonneville. We had a u-haul truck pass us making this really loud noise, as it pulled up past us, there dragging along the highway behind the truck was the retractable loading ramp. I don't know how many miles that was dragging on the asphalt but it sure was a sight to see.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:20 pm

My brother said they had a guy pull into the shop from an outta town job and the shop truck he was driving had about 7' of a 30' extension ladder left hanging off the back of the truck rack. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Kevin A » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Guest wrote:My brother said they had a guy pull into the shop from an outta town job and the shop truck he was driving had about 7' of a 30' extension ladder left hanging off the back of the truck rack. :lol:

Yeah, and you can bet the radios in both the trucks worked really well too... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:33 pm

Dean and Joanny
I'm glad you had a chance to relax you guys deserve it
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian