Teardrop Spamboree 7 Thank you

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Teardrop Spamboree 7 Thank you

Postby Damian Rutherford » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:30 pm

Well another Spamboree has come and gone. I hope everyone had a good time. It's so great to see people from so many different places, walks of life, and situations coming together to share a hobby as well as share each others hospitality and company. This in itself is why I have been attempting to get this right over the last 7 years. Sometimes it seems there are so many reasons to get down on things, or just to be in a negative state of mind, that you loose sight of the good things that exist in the world, (and in people in general). I hope that this little weekend I throw at you can in some small way bring a little bit of happiness to you and yours as it does to myself and my family.

Having an event in such a small campground dosn't lend itself to a smooth running situation and I do my best to keep things on track. If it goes astray from time to time I apologize. But at the same time I would like to thank all of you who have supported the event, (and me), it is because of your support that I continue to do this. But, more than that, thank you for putting up with the way things are set up. Things might not always seem to make sense but I do my best. If there are things, or rules for the event that don't seem to be necessary or useful, believe me there are reasons for them all.

To all of you who wanted to come but registered after we filled up, I sincerely wish that I could have accomodated all of you. The waiting list was kept for you and I did my best to make sure that no one attended ahead of you even just for the afternoon. I feel as responsible to you as I do to the people who got to attend and I hope I have in some small way earned a bit of your trust and respect. I invite all of you to come next year as we would love to see all of you.

Also, thanks to all of you who followed the few rules that I have had to set down for this event. There are so many people who might try to find a way around them, or take advantage of someone's good nature for there own benifit, that seeing the great majority of you try to adhere to them and help me make a go of it makes all the difference in the world!!!

In closing (and at the risk of repeating myself), THANK YOU!!! from the bottom of this thing I call a heart. It is for my beautiful Wife, my two wonderful boys, and all of you that I continue to put on this event.

I don't do it for recognition, I don't do it to act important, I don't do it for money or to promote myself in any way, I do it for all of us to come together in friendship and understanding.

Thank you ...Damian :applause:
"If you're never boring you're never bored!"
Aloha! Damian
Damian Rutherford
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:50 pm

It was a great gathering as usual Damian, but I didn't win any raffle. Maybe I should have bought some tickets. :lol:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Paul Parmer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:56 am

You rock Damian, everything was great! Lots of cool people and the maiden voyage of my tear drop, I had a lot of fun.

:thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Parmer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dmb90260 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:32 am

#7 Was great. The Weather was outstanding and movie night was a hit. Damian might have sold a few more hot dogs if there had been a double feature. I suspect too many of our senior members had the early bird dinner and could not have stayed up that late.
Gage, I did win a box of colorful wine at the raffle which I would have been happy to share with you. :lol: :lol:
Spamboree forever..... :applause: :applause:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby kurtibm » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Damian,
As first-time Spamboreers, Dawn and I would like to express our heart-felt gratitude for such a terrific weekend. From the weather to the party favors, from the Krazy Klub golf contest to your undying devotion to ensuring that all of the participants had a blast - we thank you.
I could not imagine a more well-run, although relaxed, event - a true testament to thorough planning.
A fortunate man are you to have such a loving family that shares a common enthusiasm; you are truly blessed.

Again, many thanks - we will return! :applause:

Kurt
Last edited by kurtibm on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:32 pm

Paul, wasn't that your tear that the half naked woman was standing beside most of the time? ;)

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Paul Parmer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Paul, wasn't that your tear that the half naked woman was standing beside most of the time?

Have a good day.

Yeah Gage, that was Lola hangn' on my door. :)

Paul
Paul Parmer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:30 am

Boy that'll have them thinking. Just what goes on at those West Coast Gatherings? :lol:

Have a good day.

Have all the pics resized and cleaned. Just have to create a page now.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby kurtibm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:44 am

kurtibm wrote:Damian,
As first-time Spamboreers, Dawn and I would like to express our heart-felt gratitude for such a terrific weekend. From the weather to the party favors, from the Krazy Klub golf contest to your undying devotion to ensuring that all of the participants had a blast - we thank you.
I could not imagine a more well-run, although relaxed, event - a true testament to thorough planning.
A fortunate man are you to have such a loving family that shares a common enthusiasm; you are truly blessed.

Again, many thanks - we will return! :applause:

Kurt

Her's a pic taken on the way back through Az. (note: my bad angle here.. you cannot see our TD license plate, which is "Teerdrop").

kurt
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Return to South West