Kern River Gathering????

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Kern River Gathering????

Postby norvet1 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:44 pm

Hello everyone. My wife and I took delivery of our Camp Inn Oct 18, 2005.
Although we have not been out as often as we would like, we are going to try to camp more this year.
Last year right before we took delivery of the Camp Inn there was a tear drop gathering on the Kern River inKern County, California. From the discriptions I found at the time this was aan anual gathering a a camp ground on the Kern River North of Kernville, Ca.
For some reason I have not been able to find any reference to this gathering this year.
If anyone knows about this gathering please let me know. My wife and I would like to attend if possible!
email: [email protected]

norvet1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Aw, you have come to the right place to ask questions. Someone will know the answer. Oh wait, I know the answer. ;)
It's October 26-29, 2006 at the Rivernook Campground. Check out the info at the Maxitear site or just click the following link.
http://www.maxitear.com/rivernook2006.htm . We'll be there. Only thing is, we're not taking the teardrop this year. We'll have the Dalton with us. Look forward to meeting you guys, hope you can make it.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mfkaplan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:57 pm

Gage,
Is this for big teardrops or can one my size come without feeling strange. Be honest. It's not that far away. I would like to go out with a group once more before winter. Thought about going to the gathering at Dillon Beach but have a big quilt show that weekend. I'm working hard redoing my tear the right way, should have it complete by then. It actually has insulated insides and cupboards now. Working on electricity and new varnish/paint.
Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:18 pm

Mary, make your revs. and come on down. It's for all teardrops and vintage trailers. Click HERE for pictures from last year. (Be sure to tell them your with the Maxitear group.)

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Rivernook, 2006

Postby norvet1 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:01 pm

Just called Rivernook Campgrounds and they are filled for the last weekend in Oct.
I hope to meet you all next year. :cry:
norvet1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Mary, I can't hardly believe that. That campground has never been full that weekend. Some of us have been talking about changing campgrounds because of different problems that have come up in the last couple of years with management there. Or should I say the Organization. I asure you if they are not full, I will raise some hell and next year it'll be somewhere else. I wonder how Ming Lake east of Bakersfield would be?

Have a good day.

I'll keep you informed as to what went on. There is also a campground right next door to Rivernook that we have talked to and they would love to have us. They know what the exposure would be. We pull 30+ trailers out of Rivernook on a 'out of season' weekend, they'll feel it.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mfkaplan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Gage, I just made reservations for Rivernook. Lady was very nice. Got site 213 at $35 a night. $5 more than a tent site. Not sure what norvet1's problem was but they seem to have room still. See you there.

Mary
Mom's nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby billnut » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:20 pm

:D Gosh Mary your going to be camping next to a old goat namely me 212 :lol: :lol:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Boy, you guys are up by the office. You couldn't at least get down by the creek Bill? You watch, there will be open campsites closer to us. I know we're going to go talk to James Camp now. See you guys there.

Have a good day.

8)
I also don't understand the $35 cost. It only cost us $30 a night, which includes elec. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:48 pm

norvet, congrats on the Camp-inn. I've love mine and its great to have another one in calif.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby emiller » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 am

Hey Gage my wife and I are thinking about heading to Kern also.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Leon » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:54 am

We called to confirm our reservation and Barbara at Rivernook said the only spaces left are up near the office, so it looks like they are filled up for that weekend.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Rivernook

Postby norvet1 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:33 pm

I tried making a reservation yesterday and was told they were full. When I saw that Mary got a reservation yeterday after I called Rivernook I called them this morning and was assigned to site #211.
Glade I double checked. The lady that I spoke with (barbara) was very nice and was vewry apologetic for the mix-up!!!!
Looking forward to meeting other Teardroppers. :o
norvet1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:28 pm

I still can't hardly believe they are full. That's never happened on that weekend. I'm going to be in space #420 or maybe #421 and I'll have the Dalton with me if it comes back from Cottonwood in one piece. So please stop by and say hi.

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Leon » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:31 pm

We're in 423 - stop in and say Hi to us, too
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to South West