Tombstone gathering

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Tombstone gathering

Postby emiller » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:35 am

Anyone going to the Tombstone, Arizona gathering Feburary 22nd thru 24th, 2007
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:45 am

There'll be a gathering at my Tombstone soon enough, no sense rushing it. I think I'll pass!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. 8)
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:10 am

Nitetimes wrote:There'll be a gathering at my Tombstone soon enough, no sense rushing it. I think I'll pass!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

...will there be dancin' and drinkin' :D :worship: ;) ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ........................ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:58 am

That's something I've neve thought of.. have a gathering near an attraction like Tombstone or Bisbee... I'm not close to the area, but it makes a lot of sense. Have a ball...sounds good. And, you can always get a pick-up poker game at the Birdcage Saloon....

Actually, the Mystic gathering is a bit like that, as Mystic Seaport and Mystic Acquariam is nearby.
Last edited by Arne on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 am

madjack wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:There'll be a gathering at my Tombstone soon enough, no sense rushing it. I think I'll pass!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

...will there be dancin' and drinkin' :D :worship: ;) ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ........................ 8)

That's the plan. The way it should be. 8) 8)
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:13 am

I can't make it since I will be in Nor Cal that weekend but here is some general information I got from a friend who will be there.

" We have 23 spots for a vintage trailer rally the last weekend in Feb. when Tucson pretty much shuts down for Rodeo Weekend. Those of us who are in local gov. or schools have a 4 day weekend and planned to camp together in Tombstone. But it grew, and we have 13-15 saying they will get checks in the mail ASAP. The others are only coming in for the weekend...

I have a long list of things to do and see in Tombstone and Bisbee, from jeep tours to junk shops.
We are having a chuckwagon dinner on Sat. with western garb and dutch oven cooking encouraged. One guitar for western songs around a small campfire. Small because we have to bring our own portable firepits...none at the campground.
We are 1/2s block or so from the OK corral and all the tourist sights so its great to walk, shop, tour, and go back to get a bite to eat or rest."

This sounds so good that if I could cancel my plans I would be there :(
Highs are in the 50's right now but that should improve greatly once this artic chill heads back North where it usually lives. :thumbsup:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Return to South West