'06 Redwood Gathering... Site Selected

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

October Visit

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:13 pm

I spent Thurs-Sun camping at Swimmer's Delight (it was delightfully empty) and did a drive thru Sunday at Pamplin Grove. Walking around the place and looking at the campsites; let me tell you the campsites are huge, and not just because of the trees!! After seeing some of the other gathering pictures, like Minden and Dillon Beach, it seems like most TD folks like to cluster together. This should be no problem because some of the campsites at Pamplin could accomodate a half-dozen or more TD. For those who want even more privacy, the lower sites are also very large and could hold multiple tears. You may have to enlist someone to help you hand cart the TD deep in the grove, but it is quite doable. I can't see how we would run out of room with the upper, lower, and fringe campsites all available to us. So, if you have a particular person/couple you want to set up by you can PM them and agree to share.........

:R or not. I'm positive there will be plenty of room for all. TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Gage » Fri May 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Just bringing this thread back to the top in case others want to look. ;)

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon May 29, 2006 3:38 pm

thanks gage its a nice reminder. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby emiller » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 am

Can't we speed up the calender, it was 112, 113 last weekend here in Phoenix just too darn hot. Can't wait for Pamplin hurry up calender. :? :fan: :phew:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:39 am

emiller wrote:Can't we speed up the calender, it was 112, 113 last weekend here in Phoenix just too darn hot. Can't wait for Pamplin hurry up calender. :? :fan: :phew:

I sure wish we could. I really hate to do this to you, but It's 55 degrees here in Eureka right now.
;) 8)
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby emiller » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:31 am

:thumbsup:
Man that sounds good to me. A few of us are heading up the mountains to Woods Canyon Lake to fish and get out of the extreme heat this weekend leaving thursday after work.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Good thing, you mentioned that. You reminded me that I'll probably have to bring a sweatshirt or something.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:03 pm

Eureka is forecast to get up to 60F today...
Meanwhile, Pamplin Grove is forecast to get up to a scorching 70F today. :o
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Weather has been balmy

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:37 pm

8) We live in an area which has a "Mediterranean Climate" meaning that it can have lots of moisture and still be overcast. The high of 70 did not happen today, but it has been very sticky and warm over the past week.
Just a reminder that when you camp in the redwoods, layering up on clothing is a good idea. It can be cool and foggy in the mornings and evenings sometimes.

Also, CalTrans has been covering over the railroad tracks that were 1/10 of a mile off the HWY 36/101 turnoff. Now I won't have to scope out the angle to drive over them with the least amount of jarring possible. My Nanny's Niche TravelBlog really has worked wonders in getting the roads ready for summer. :lol: Or so I'd like to think.....

Guess the fact that those metal bumps are going to be gone will make my tire guys happy. These bumpy tracks have been the bane of my existing tires. Over the last few decades I had an above average amount of balancing and alignments because of the roads I putt along on. The guys at the shop finally started putting taxi tires on my vehicle because I travel between two windy (& frequently chuckholed) rural highways.

For the really rough ( & off road travel), an old Jeep Willy lives up at the summer home. I have fun taking it out and about, but it currently needs a new pump and some fixing up before it gets out this season.

Happy travels,
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Previous

Return to South West