"Falling Tears" at Davis Creek, NV September 19, 20, 21 2013

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: "Falling Tears" at Davis Creek, NV September 19, 20, 21

Postby down under tech » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

UPDATE: Hello fellow campers...

My wife, Terry and I went down to the campgrounds to see how the group site looks. We spoke to one of the Rangers there and he said that site could only accommodate 13 to 15 trailers. This is after we were told that we could have 25 trailers by the lady that we reserved the site from. The Ranger told us that the lady did not account for the tow vehicles. I hate it when one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. We are still on for the gathering, though some of you will have to park in the regular sites and walk over to the group site. It will still be a lot of fun. We hope no one will be put off by this new discouraging information that has been delt to us.

As far as the cost to participate, It will be $20 per night. This is the regular campground price per night. Our original plan was to try, and keep it at $15 a night. Now that we can only get 13 to 15 trailers into the the group site it raised the price to $20 per night for all who attend. You will pay us if you stay in the group site and you will pay the campground if you are in the regular campground sites.

The itinerary will follow when we get it finalized later today, I promise. Take care... :applause:
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby desertmoose » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Johnny:
There is an overflow parking just outside the entrance. Maybe we could drop the trailers and all of us park the tow rig outside? If we did it that way, we'd be snug but might fit most of us in the area.

It's nice to have the truck nearby for storage, But we'd be willing to walk to get to it.

Sam and Kat
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Also, does the Ranger know just how big or little the teardrops are? Most likely not, Tell him they leave a smaller foot print than your average 4 person tent and see what he says. :o

Show him this pic. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby down under tech » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Gage & Sam: We thought about just putting the teardrops in the group site and park the TVs in the overflow parking area.

If we can get everyone to agree to this, problem solved. :thinking:

If some folks don't want to park their TVs elsewhere, They can park in the regular campground sites as well to have their TV close by.

The more TDs we can get into the group site the better. :worship:
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello: Now I can answer some of the posts that I have not been able to since I am away from home 3 weeks at a time.

Debbie & Randy: I am not sure what help we will need but we will take all the help you can provide. I'm sure the early arrivals will be willing to help as well. We are planning on having a BBQ on Friday evening (We will provide the hot dogs and hamburgers and buns and we will ask everyone to bring a dish if you want, to go along with dinner) and a Mexican Fiesta pot luck dinner on Saturday. The times are planned for 3 PM each day since it will be getting dark sooner. This way we can have plenty of time to get things cleaned up before it gets dark. I'm not sure about the Saturday group breakfast. We will see what others have to say. If you want to let me know if you want to do a walk on Saturday morning, let me know and we will add that to the list of things to do.

As far as the propane campfires go, they are not permitted at all ever. I hope that we can have a campfire in the fire pit that is there. This is only if they lift the ban on campfires. I will check to see if the ban is still in effect. If it is lifted by our gathering, I will let you know. If we are allowed, we will ask for volunteers to bring some fire wood.

There is a horseshoe pit if some one wants to bring "their horse's shoes", let me know you can bring a set. If someone has a volleyball net and ball let me know if you can bring yours.

Jerome & Dolores, Cheryl & Dave: Sorry to hear that you cant attend this year. Thanks for the heads up. If this works out, we will look forward to seeing you next year.

rtsully1, NoResults, Cathy & Leo and Dave & Dixie: you are welcome to come. I will put you on the ever expanding list. And yes it is now over 25. See you there.

HickoryNutCampers: Let your friends know they are welcome but they will have to more than likely have to park in the regular campsites.

If I forgot to add you to the list, please let me know so I can get you on it. I don't want to overlook anyone. Thanks... ;)
Last edited by down under tech on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 pm

As for breakfast, we will actually be at our granddaughter's soccer game sat.. So we won't be there anyway, so we are backing out of that offer anyway. Don't know if you got the message, cindy & mike can't make it either. We don't need no stinking tow vehicle!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Midget » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Lynn and I will be rolling in on Thursday and don't mind parking our big truck out of the way to make room for more. We're looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out the other td's.

Only one week to go before we leave. Looking forward to it. :D

Bob
Midget
Teardrop Master

Postby cdfnchico » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:16 am

We don't mind parking the tow vehicle elsewhere...but we need to keep in mind the lack of bear boxes in the group area. Perhaps a vehicle or two, a truck with camper shell would be great! could park nearby for coolers to go into at night. Can't wait!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Hello Cathy: At this point we are open to any and all suggestions to help make this a great time for all who attend. I am willing to use my truck for storage of coolers.
We are going down to Davis Creek today to see if the pond has any water in it. If there is, but I highly doubt it, They say you can fish in it. I am going to check on the campfire ban to see if it is lifted yet.

(UPDATE ) Hello this is Terry. ( the wife ) :goodmorning: We have recalculated, and if we can get 15 teardrops into the group site, it should be only $15.00 a night for each trailer. There will be extra left over from the group fund that we can give $5.00 a night up to the 3 days of the gathering to the first 10 trailers that are not able to stay in the group site, because they are going to be paying $20.00 a night to the park it's self. This way we are all paying the same. :angel:

Here is the short video of the campground so you can look at it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2uZkqjLAr8

This is a link to give you info on the park, Davis Creek. It has a lot of info on the campgrounds and directions on how to get there.
http://renotahoe.about.com/od/publicpar ... l-Park.htm
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby danlott » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:35 pm

We will probaby stay in one of the individual sites since we will be sleeping in our little teardrop and also the back of our pickup. Hopefully we will get a spot close by.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Kay & I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon. We'll be doing the "minimalist camping" thing, as there just isn't a whole lot of room in a '47 KIT and '99 Nissan Sentra ... :? ...! Could someone double check on the propane fire "ban", please? We went al the way to NY & back and never had a problem at any park we stayed at, no matter how dry. Doesn't make sense. But, if we really can't bring it, I guess that makes a bit more room for other "stuff".

Looking forward to seeing everyone, again! As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby nevadatear » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 pm

It doesn't make sense, really strange, grant! We will also be there Thursday eve. As for minimalist camping, what you don't have, we will!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby danlott » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 am

Does anyone have a link or picture of the campsite layouts?

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Guys: We are back to TVs to stay with your teardrop trailers in the group site. We will get as many in there as we can so you can have easy access to your TV. Having your TV close would be more convent since we have to put away all food each night.
We don't want Yogi, and Boo-Boo to visit us. :lol:

Terry and I went down to Davis Creek over the week-end and we had a conversation with the Ranger. The camp fire ban that Mel (atahoekid) was talking about was only due to high winds the day he went by there. They place a red flag out if conditions are unfavorable for camp fires.

Once again, the woman that we talked to when we reserved the group campground gave us bad information about the use of propane fire rings. The Ranger said we can have them but only with a ten foot clearing of flammable debris cleared from around the fire. I will bring my rake for this.

The pond is full of water at this time and it is supposed to be stocked with fish. Anyone going fishing?

I could not find any info. on the campground lay out.

I hope these answers where helpful. :?
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Good to know about the campfire ban being only temporary. It didn't seem that windy when I was there but temporary is fine with me. :D :D I will also be there thursday (probably early evening). My wife won't be there till Friday evening, I'm not sure if I have to run home and get her or if she is driving her own car down to join us. I'm up for a group breakfast on Saturday morning and am willing to work it but I guess whether we do it or not depends on who else is willing to chip in some time and effort. If all goes according to plan, the adult beverage center will also be up and running. I will have some (depends how much i consume) homebrewed IPA and a 5 gallon keg of Kolsch (a light German ale with roots in Cologne, Germany) Johnny, let me know if you want me to pursue a Saturday omelette breakfast for the group and I'll make sure I get enough fixin's. Look forward to seeing all of you there...
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West