Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24 2017

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:03 pm

ELM wrote:
Aviatorbrew wrote:Hi there, I'm new to tnttt, I am in central cali, building a larger teardrop ish, I want to come up for the gathering and it looks to be full, I may not get my trailer project done in time anyway, I am planning on coming up for the day to check out the trailers

Is there a cancellation list, just in case I can make it up for the weekend?

It's at a state park so there's no list for cancellations. :( You just have to keep checking to see if someone cancels.

I think Reserve America is not the site to make reservations anymore. Hope to see you there even if it's just for the day.
This is the new web site for reservations https://www.reservecalifornia.com/Calif ... fault.aspx

FYI ... if you start an account on the states website you can sign up for e-mail alerts for specific campsite and date cancelations. Give it a shot. That's how I found a campsite in SLO next weekend
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Aviatorbrew » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 pm

ok, thanks, I just did that, will keep an eye on it
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby ELM » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 pm

FYI ... if you start an account on the states website you can sign up for e-mail alerts for specific campsite and date cancelations. Give it a shot. That's how I found a campsite in SLO next weekend[/quote]

I didn't know that. :cry: Thank so much. :applause:
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby KingAirNeal » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 am

Hi all.

Well, we are finally buying a house. And, we wont be able to attend the gathering. Also, we are going to have to sell our trailer to help fund the purchase of our new home.

That being said, before I cancel my camping reservation, can I transfer the slot to someone else? Or maybe give y'all a heads up as to when I am doing it so someone can jump on it maybe?

And, also, I am selling the trailer so,

Hey all who have watched the build. I want to thank you for your kind comments. The trailer has been an amazing amount of fun. But, we are now under contract on a new home and we have to sell the trailer.

We are asking $4000, and I will consider delivering up to a few hundred miles away.

Please spread the word, we kinda need it gone in the next 30 days or so.

Upside is, I get to build another one! LMAO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KingAirNeal
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:11 pm

i would take you up on those reservations but im not sure if i will be done in time with my trailer, if you dont have any takers in a couple of weeks, please let me know, thanks

king air neal? are you a king air pilot?

I just got my IFR ticket
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby KingAirNeal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Aviatorbrew wrote:i would take you up on those reservations but im not sure if i will be done in time with my trailer, if you dont have any takers in a couple of weeks, please let me know, thanks

king air neal? are you a king air pilot?

I just got my IFR ticket

Used to fly the King Air. On the Airbus now.

KingAirNeal
Teardrop Master

Postby KingAirNeal » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Trailer sold. Thanks y'all.

KingAirNeal
Teardrop Master

Postby rtimesr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pm

This our first outing... first TT... Looking forward to the event. We got #48, next door for Thursday but have to move to #33 for Friday unless some trades can be made. If not it will give us practice at setup. No more spots for Saturday.
rtimesr
Teardrop Inspector

Postby K Lupo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I had planned. Had to cancel my reservation.
Too many conflicting events. Disappointed. See you next time.
- Karen
2007 Homebuilt Woody
"Lil Acorn"
K Lupo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 pm

I'm glad to see more people interested in this gathering but sad that some have canceled. I am excited to see what everyone has to show, so many people have such innovative ideas for their tiny/small trailers. I'm still thinking we will have about 10-13 trailers showing up. This might be a small gathering but small groups can be good in the beginning. I think Friday night will be a meet and greet kind of day with maybe a snack night and bring your own beverage. Saturday will be a show and tell/open house where we all visit each others trailers and ask questions. If you are interested, I plan on having some forms for everyone to fill out about which trailers you've visited and what you found most interesting about it. Saturday I thought we'd all bring in a can of chili beans, cook them up and have our own style of pot luck. I'll figure out what extra fixings we can have with the chili beans and bring it. If anyone has any other ideas, please P.M. me. I am open to any idea and very flexible to other options. I just want to have fun and meet new friends who like camping in little trailers.

P.M, me your thoughts! And thanks' for coming to this first annual Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering.

See Y'all soon :wine:

Robert and Terry
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby ELM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Chili sounds good. I'm glad I put in my MaxxAir fan :frightened:
Looking forward to this weekend.
Does anyone know if we can use charcoal at this campground ? If we can I'll give my dutch oven a try with chili.
I can't seem to get on there web site to find out about charcoal or camp fires.

/
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 pm

ELM wrote:Chili sounds good. I'm glad I put in my MaxxAir fan :frightened:
Looking forward to this weekend.
Does anyone know if we can use charcoal at this campground ? If we can I'll give my dutch oven a try with chili.
I can't seem to get on there web site to find out about charcoal or camp fires.

LOL MaxxAir! :lol:

As far as a charcoal BBQ, I believe if you bring a small BBQ it should be ok. I've seen many people use Charcoal BBQ at State Parks

Here is a link to the park, see if you can find your spot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Agh_DXijs&t=334s

I'm looking forward to this weekend as well, I need to get away!

/
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 pm

I checked out the reservations site for HC SP and it said campfires are okay; so, I would imagine charcoal would be okay, too. But, you could always check with the rangers there.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Two weeks to go!

Postby lgatlin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Although I am really excited about this gathering, we do have a chance that we might not be able to make it. My husband had surgery on Wed the 6th, and it'll be up in the air if we can be there. I might have to do a last minute cancellation -but we hope not! I really want to be there! We are in site 23, it's a handicap accessible site, and I will post any cancellation as soon as I know for sure. But until then, fingers crossed that we meet up there! I look forward to sharing ideas and seeing what everyone's created!
lgatlin
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Two weeks to go!

Postby irgod32 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 pm

lgatlin wrote:Although I am really excited about this gathering, we do have a chance that we might not be able to make it. My husband had surgery on Wed the 6th, and it'll be up in the air if we can be there. I might have to do a last minute cancellation -but we hope not! I really want to be there! We are in site 23, it's a handicap accessible site, and I will post any cancellation as soon as I know for sure. But until then, fingers crossed that we meet up there! I look forward to sharing ideas and seeing what everyone's created!

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope his surgery went well and that he recovers soon. It's best that he takes his time so that he heals better. Wish him our best and I'm sure with the help of others, we will plan this again next year. So if you can't make it this year, we'll see you both next year.
Take care of each other!
Robert & Terry
:)
irgod32
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South West