Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24 2017

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 21-24

Postby groovyfingers » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Hey Robert!! Fancy seeing you here!! Good to see you finished your latest one! We finished ours a couple of years ago and have logged about 14 or 15 trips thus far. We went to the Perris gathering last March. I wish we could make it to this one but just got back from Hawaii and probably won't be able to make it! We need to catch up some time...I hope all is well!!! :-) Kathy G
groovyfingers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:54 pm

groovyfingers wrote:Hey Robert!! Fancy seeing you here!! Good to see you finished your latest one! We finished ours a couple of years ago and have logged about 14 or 15 trips thus far. We went to the Perris gathering last March. I wish we could make it to this one but just got back from Hawaii and probably won't be able to make it! We need to catch up some time...I hope all is well!!! :-) Kathy G

Hey Kathy and Bob!
Yeah, I've seen a couple of your YouTube video's. Your trailer looks good! I am hoping to have this gathering every year. The date of the gathering may be changed next year but I'm sure we'll meet up again. I know it's far for you guys, but maybe you all can come and show off your Home Built Trailer. You need to post more pics on this site!
:thumbsup:

TTYL! :wine:
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

have to cancel :(

Postby lgatlin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:56 am

Took the husband out for a drive this weekend, and found out he's probably not going to be strong enough for the gathering next week. He's getting better all the time, but just the one 2 hour drive and a bit of an easy walk pretty much did him in for the weekend, so I'm cancelling our reservation. I'm in space 23 if anyone wants it -- I'll be calling to cancel on Monday the 19th!

I really want to visit Henry Cowell - my kids grew up around there, and I haven't been for awhile. So I will be visiting in the future, but not as quickly as we'd hoped. Maybe in January, he should be well by then! Sorry to miss this, we were really looking forward to it!
lgatlin
Teardrop Advisor

Re: have to cancel :(

Postby ELM » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:28 pm

lgatlin wrote:Took the husband out for a drive this weekend, and found out he's probably not going to be strong enough for the gathering next week. He's getting better all the time, but just the one 2 hour drive and a bit of an easy walk pretty much did him in for the weekend, so I'm cancelling our reservation. I'm in space 23 if anyone wants it -- I'll be calling to cancel on Monday the 19th!

I really want to visit Henry Cowell - my kids grew up around there, and I haven't been for awhile. So I will be visiting in the future, but not as quickly as we'd hoped. Maybe in January, he should be well by then! Sorry to miss this, we were really looking forward to it!

Glad your husband is getting better, But sorry you can't make it I was looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing your trailer. If you camp when you come here to visit in January let us know I'm up for some winter camping as long as it's pouring.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Re: have to cancel :(

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:49 pm

lgatlin wrote:Took the husband out for a drive this weekend, and found out he's probably not going to be strong enough for the gathering next week. He's getting better all the time, but just the one 2 hour drive and a bit of an easy walk pretty much did him in for the weekend, so I'm cancelling our reservation. I'm in space 23 if anyone wants it -- I'll be calling to cancel on Monday the 19th!

Sorry to hear that your husband is not yet well. Take good care of yourselves. Having a complete recovery is what is most important. I hope to see you on the road sometime!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Two weeks to go!

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 pm

lgatlin wrote:Although I am really excited about this gathering, we do have a chance that we might not be able to make it. My husband had surgery on Wed the 6th, and it'll be up in the air if we can be there. I might have to do a last minute cancellation -but we hope not! I really want to be there! We are in site 23, it's a handicap accessible site, and I will post any cancellation as soon as I know for sure. But until then, fingers crossed that we meet up there! I look forward to sharing ideas and seeing what everyone's created!

Hey... David Here, We hope your husband gets back to healthy asap. But what better place to recoup, than in the beautiful Santa Cruz area? Hope to see you. Your trailer looks awsome!
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Off we go! Safe travel everyone. See you soon.

:worship: :lol: :thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:50 pm

We're sorry we couldn't make it, my wife and I are both under the weather, we will be planning on going the next time, with a complete trailer,

I hope it was a good turnout and everybody had a great time
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Aviatorbrew wrote:We're sorry we couldn't make it, my wife and I are both under the weather, we will be planning on going the next time, with a complete trailer,

I hope it was a good turnout and everybody had a great time

We are sorry you couldn't come as well. We all hope you feel better soon. This gathering was a good start I think, it was small enough to be cozy. Next year should be bigger and better. We met others with home built trailers with some wonderful ideas. We had great weather for the gathering and also for exploring around Felton and Santa Cruz. We had one commercial built TD that had some great ideas added on that I will probably steal for my Tiny Off Road Trailer. We will plan on having another gathering next year with more ideas. Keep an eye on this post for further information.

I want to thank everyone for showing up and all you great ideas!
Keep in touch and keep an eye on this post for future updates.
PM me any ideas you might have for the next gathering.

Robert and Terry :thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Robert and Terry, you did a great job as hosts and picked a spectacular campground!
Thanks for starting a much needed new gathering for people to go to in Central California.
I look forward to seeing another one next year! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby ELM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks Robert and Terry for putting on an AWESOME gathering. We really enjoyed meeting new people and seeing the different ways people build there teardrops. I know I saw a few ideas I'm going barrow. Looking forward to next years GTG.
I think you guys have started something that will grow and get much larger. :thumbsup:
SEEYA down the road.Thanks again :applause:
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby jack1845 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:28 am

Wow for our first gathering we hit the jack pot.We had a fantastic time and great weather. most of all we meet some wonderful people with great trailers. thank you all for a fun time. Good job Robert and Terry it was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to next year. pictures are here: https://goo.gl/photos/modG5LRMGDSDCHrT9
jack1845
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks, Jack. The pictures are great! :applause: It was wonderful, meeting you and your lovely wife. I hope to see you again soon!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby irgod32 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Ugh! I forgot how to post pictures!

How do i post them here? I'm such a computer goof!

Help???
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:10 pm

irgod32 wrote:Ugh! I forgot how to post pictures!

How do i post them here? I'm such a computer goof!

Help???

:thinking:
Here's the way our fearless leader, Mike, says to do it:
viewtopic.php?p=911290#p911290
Try that first.
If you don't have a program to resize your pictures to a manageable size, I think Madjack's IRFANVIEW might still work. You can get it here:
http://www.somewhere-in-time.net/tutorial/irfanview/

There are probably other ways as well.....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West