Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23 2018

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23 2018

Postby irgod32 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Last years gathering was a fun success. As with any TD gathering, we enjoyed all the camping trailers, and we had some people asking about our small trailers sparking interest in new people.
Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering is for everyone interested in sharing their small camping trailer.
We are in the process of gathering as many small teardrops/campers in the Santa Cruz mountains as possible. The campsite we use is at the Henry Cowell Redwoods SP http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=546. We have used camp sites #2 thru #52. Last year, there were some who wanted to come but were unable to get a site, so make reservations early (Reservations open March 20 2018)!
We try to minimize group activities so that everyone is free to explore the surrounding area. Santa Cruz Boardwalk is about 35 minutes away, ROARING CAMP RAILROAD is not far from Henry Cowell Redwoods SP. The town of Felton is a attractive place to visit with restaurants, stores and markets. Plenty of hiking can be done or just sit and relax in your campsite next to the tall redwood trees.
Come have fun camping with like minded people and share your trailer. We will arrive Thursday Sept 20 and depart Sept 23.

Thursday night will be a settling in and relaxing night but feel free to wander and meet other small TD campers.

Friday morning is a good day to check out the surrounding hiking areas or to visit everyone's small camping trailer. Friday night we have a meet and greet with your favorite (BYOB) beverage, we sit and chat for a bit and share stories.

Saturday morning and afternoon is all yours to explore as you wish. Saturday night will be a Pot Luck where you can bring your favorite quick fix camping dish.

If you have any ideas please feel free to PM me or post below
See ya all then! :thumbsup:
Robert
Last edited by irgod32 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Re: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23

Postby mkitchen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Hi Robert
Is this gathering solely for home built trailers? It sounds like a fun event and I would like to take part but my teardrop was not home built. What is the criteria for attendance?
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Sounds great, We are certainly planning on being there
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 pm

mkitchen wrote:Hi Robert
Is this gathering solely for home built trailers? It sounds like a fun event and I would like to take part but my teardrop was not home built. What is the criteria for attendance?
Mikey

Hey Mike
There is no criteria for this gathering. This gathering is for everyone who has a small trailer or someone interested in seeing small trailers. Everyone is welcome. What we like to see is what we do to our trailers to make it our own. There are so many ingenious ideas that people add to their trailers that I enjoy. So if you have a commercial, home built or an original 1950's trailer, come show what you've done to make your little trailer special.
Hope to see your in September and remember, open reservations for that weekend starts on the 20th of March! :applause:
Last edited by irgod32 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks, I will get it on my calendar.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby ELM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 pm

We have site 23 reserved for the three nights. Can't wait to see everyone.
Last edited by ELM on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 am

We are in space 50 again. :thumbsup:
The way time has been flying, September will be here before we know it!
Reserve your spot soon. This park is popular during the warmer season.
See Y'all soon :applause:
Robert
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby jack1845 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi Robert and Terry We gust took space 46 Looking forward to a relaxing fun time. We will be going to Shasta as well Jack & Chrys.
jack1845
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 pm

jack1845 wrote:Hi Robert and Terry We gust took space 46 Looking forward to a relaxing fun time. We will be going to Shasta as well Jack & Chrys.

Hey Jack,
Glad to see you are coming! We will be going to the Shasta gathering as well. I've been adding to my trailer so it will be a little different when you see it. I hope all is well!
Take care!
Robert and Terry
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Wow! 19 sites have been booked for that weekend. If you plan on coming, reserve your site! This side of the park is booking fast! :applause:
Post below or send me a PM if you're coming so we can get a head count :thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Esteban » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Robert, Zach asked people to send him info. about upcoming 2018 gatherings to post on the Tearjerkers Calendar. Sending him the information about your gathering may spread the word and attract attendance.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby irgod32 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Hey Steve,
Thanks for the heads up. I PM'd Zack the info and the link. I hope what I sent works. Hope to see you guys in September :thumbsup:
Robert
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Esteban » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:17 pm

irgod32 wrote:Hey Steve,
Thanks for the heads up. I PM'd Zack the info and the link. I hope what I sent works. Hope to see you guys in September :thumbsup:
Robert

Robert, (Kinda) Good News! Zach added your gathering to the Tearjerkers Gathering Calandar. Unfortunately the Tearjerkers Calendar link to your information hosted here at tnttt: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23 2018 doesn't work at the Tearjerkers Calendar. There the potential link is confusing and unclickable (black).

Unfortunately, more often than not, event links from the Tearjerkers Events Calendar do not work (they are not successfully clickable blue). :thinking: Speculating about why links are often bad. Maybe it's because Zach (sometimes/often?) doesn't receive good enough information from event hosts/organizers to post good workable links? Or maybe it's real difficult to do it successfully - which when done successfully would help to attract more potential event attendees

The Walk the Winds Gathering in July 20-22 2018 is an example of one with a good working Google Calendar link to the event information (which, like yours, is hosted here at tnttt).

I hope this information helps you Robert, and Zach fix some glitches. You are both commended :thumbsup: for your effort(s) to host and help spread the word about teardrop trailer gatherings.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby rkanz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

We reserved site 15 for three nights.

Russ
rkanz
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Aviatorbrew » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:13 pm

We will be there Friday evening, it might be late