Jackson Meadows Reservoir

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Jackson Meadows Reservoir

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:07 pm

Spent this past weekend at Jackson Meadows Reservoir. It is located north east of Truckee, Ca. Take Hwy 89 north from Truckee for about 17 miles, west on Forest Road 7 :lol: for 15 miles. We stayed at the East Meadows Campground in Tahoe National Forest. We usually camp to the west of home. This was the first time going east. It was a nice place and a spot we'd like to return. Toilets are flush and bathing is in the VERY cold lake. :shock: We went up on Friday afternoon and came back Sunday afternoon. Had some great neighbors. On one side they caught too many rainbow trout so just had to give us some. :roll: On the other side were some nice folks from Winnemucca that liked to talk and share their rum and cokes. :picklejuice: We had a few drops of rain and some real thunder on Saturday afternoon. The mutt HATES thunder, so the better half took her inside for a nap. When she got out she climbed under the TD (the dog, not the wife). Yep, that's my brave dog. :oops: There are a couple of pics in my T&TTT album and more from the link on my website.
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby emiller » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:04 pm

:thumbsup:
Good to know for after the Pamplin gathering we are going to the Rogue River State Park in Oregon then heading down I-5 and taking hwy 89 just past Shasta down thru Truckee and on down on hwy 395.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Is that road into the camp ground paved
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Yep, it's paved. If you take Forest Road 7 past the dam then you better be going slow and be prepared to wash the dust off. We did that section without the TD.

By the way, when we left on Sunday we went back out to Hwy 89 and went north rather than south toward Truckee. Took that up to the Highway 49 junction and headed south on 49. Sure is some pretty country, just a bit curvy. Don't plan to drive 65 on that road unless you're playing crack the whip with the TD. :o

Last June after picking up our new TD in Idaho we stopped at the Rogue River State Park. Sure was a nice place. Very clean, open, grassy. Just plan to have a good view of your neighbors. The reservations we had allowed us to drive right past all those waiting in line to get in. 8)

See ya the 28th! :thumbsup:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Mike Ahern » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Yes Jackson Meadows Reservoir is a very nice lake and campground. Nancy and I found it by accident about three years ago when we started out for a weekend campout to Donner Lake Campground and when we got there it was closed because of a rabies problem in the campground.
Mike Ahern
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:04 am

Hwy 49 is the old miner hwy from the old days, That's how the miner 49er came about. Also hwy395 has it's own web site at www.395.com
emiller
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:58 am

emiller wrote::thumbsup:
Good to know for after the Pamplin gathering ... taking hwy 89 just past Shasta down thru Truckee and on down on Hwy 395.

Oh, man ...!
Hwy 89 is one of my favorite drives up here! Are you planning to follow it all the way down to Hwy 395, just north of Topaz? Monitor Pass is a S-T-E-E-P climb on the west side ... best to do it in the morning if your vehicle has any tendancy towards overheating.

Back in July of '97, Lisa & I lead a small Teardrop Tour down Hwy 89 ... one of our favorite memories (excpt the part where our best friend had a stroke in Truckee ... :-{ :-{ ...). One of these days we want to drive it again, only this time come back over Sonora Pass on Hwy 108, then taking Hwy 49 back north from Sonora ...

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks for the tip on Jackson Meadows! It'll be another one of those "gotta check it out ... on the NEXT trip" notes on the map! So many roads, so little time ... ;-} ;-} ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby emiller » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:36 pm

:thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up Grant.
emiller
Donating Member

Return to South West