blueberry cream cheese cobbler. or cheesecake.

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby asianflava » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:46 pm

Made the dump cobbler today for breakfast that'd be lunch from most people. I'll probably bring some to work tonight. Nice thing about a tile top table, the whole thing is a trivet. I did make 2 noob mistakes; first I dumped the coals from the lid onto my grass. Not a good idea when the grass is more brown than green. The second was right before I took the pic, I turned the lid upside down and dumped residual ashes on the kitchen floor (a little got into the pot).
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:28 pm

That looks real tasty Rocky!!!
I'm gettin' hungry! :twisted:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby AmyH » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:37 pm

OMG, my stomach is growling looking at these photos! :lol: Thanks for the clue-in on the shallow 12" DO Dean and the link to the recipe. I am really looking forward to trying this out.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby AmyH » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Resurrecting an old thread here. I just made this finally (yesterday), and I had to post about it. This is only the fourth thing I have made in my D.O., and it was fantastic!!! :thumbsup: I got rave reviews from everyone that ate it.

This recipe is definitely a keeper!!
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 pm

AmyH wrote:This is only the fourth thing I have made in my D.O

Amy,
We're gonna need to take your Flamineta away from you for a while and leave you a bag of briquettes. :lol:
Thanks for reviving this thread, Courtney deserves way more credit than she got when she originally posted it! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby AmyH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Dean, it was a tough choice between making Courtney's recipe or your alteration of it. Now that I know how awesome Courtney's recipe is, I plan to try your version! :R

I am forcing myself to use the Flamineta this coming weekend. We're heading down to Twin Harbors State Park for a short camping trip, and I have been talking about making muffins and cinnamon rolls in the Flamineta.

It sure is easy to get addicted to DO cooking! :lol: I want to get a smaller one now for cooking meals for two people, and I still want to get the 14" for making pizza. Oh boy, I know where my money is going now....
Amy

Photo Log
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1