THE ULTIMATE, SMACK YO' MAMMA, PUMPKIN DESERT

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Mary K » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:21 am

sHoootR, bledsoe3 & everyone else,

Thank you. I am glad yall enjoyed it. :D

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Don't forget to make this tomorrow, I am. I'll take pictures too :thumbsup:

We are getting a Smoked Turkey from Sonny's BBQ, so I have to find a side dish to make in my DO. Humm... the choices are endless. :R :R

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby elmo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:35 am

MK,

Thanks for the recipe. I was in charge of the desserts and beverages, and this was a big hit. I had about 5 requests for the recipe along with a lot of requests for Old Fashions also.....come to thinks of it Old Fashions may be a Midwest thing.

2 sugar cubes
soak with bitters
quick splash of Squirt or Sprite(your choice)
Use a muddler and grind all up
add whiskey or brandy(your choice and amount)
finish filling the glass with your choice of soda(or pop in some areas)
Stir
Garnish with your choice of topping. I use mushrooms and olives.
(My favorite is the whiskey sour old fashion)

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I am off to make Bloody Mary's and eventually to go kill myself a Chrismas Tree.

Elmer :picklejuice:
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby BobandLaura » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:07 pm

Mary K - We made this for Thanksgiving and it was WONDERFUL! We didn't do the frosting, just served it with Cool Whip. Everyone loved it, and it is the new Thanksgiving tradition. But we are calling it "Mary K's Yummy Dessert". Thanks. Laura
BobandLaura
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary K » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:36 pm

Elmer, thanks! Im glad it was a hit with your family!!!

BTW, what is a muddler?? :scratchthinking:

BobandLaura wrote:Mary K - We made this for Thanksgiving and it was WONDERFUL! We didn't do the frosting, just served it with Cool Whip. Everyone loved it, and it is the new Thanksgiving tradition. But we are calling it "Mary K's Yummy Dessert". Thanks. Laura

Aaawwwaaaa :thumbs up1: Thats great!! I am so happy I could share this with every one.

I made it also, but I did do the frosting, actually I 1 1/2ed the frosting, cause, gosh, you can never have to much cream cheese frosting!!

Yeah, when I received the recipe it didn't have a name, but when I posted it I wanted it to stand out. I like that you named it after me, now I have a legacy...er... :lol: :lol:

Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby elmo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:35 am

Mary K wrote:Elmer, thanks! Im glad it was a hit with your family!!!

BTW, what is a muddler?? :scratchthinking:

BobandLaura wrote:Mary K - We made this for Thanksgiving and it was WONDERFUL! We didn't do the frosting, just served it with Cool Whip. Everyone loved it, and it is the new Thanksgiving tradition. But we are calling it "Mary K's Yummy Dessert". Thanks. Laura

Aaawwwaaaa :thumbs up1: Thats great!! I am so happy I could share this with every one.

I made it also, but I did do the frosting, actually I 1 1/2ed the frosting, cause, gosh, you can never have to much cream cheese frosting!!

Yeah, when I received the recipe it didn't have a name, but when I posted it I wanted it to stand out. I like that you named it after me, now I have a legacy...er... :lol: :lol:

Mk

Morning MK!

A muddler is a little baseball bat looking thing to crush things up. Here's a linky for you. Have a great weekend!

http://www.mojitocompany.com/hypercart/ ... y=muddlers

Elmer
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:13 pm

I didnt have the wax paper so I just left it in the pan and frosted the bottom.
It still tasted YUMMY!!!

MK
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1