Cast Iron Help

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby asianflava » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:56 pm

bledsoe3 wrote: I don't think Rocky had any CI when he went to the IRG. Now look at him.

Yup, I've got all the available sizes now. I've used them all except for the 16in. The only reason I got it was to round out the collection.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Laredo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:31 pm

My 23-year-old's divided pan, similar to that one, is a "Griswold Colonial Breakfast Skillet". He came home from a lengthy camping trip that involved attending Ren Faire two years ago with it, and regularly fixes himself meals with it. It's good over charcoal or on our (gas) kitchen stove or over a (Coleman dual fuel) camp stove.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby coreyjhen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:32 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Earl,
The elctrolisis is easy, but it takes time and you do need a battery charger.
I've grown to like having my buddy Kevin bead balst the stuff with his glass beader booth. I keep Kevin supplied with viewing window glass for the bead booth and season his cast iron for him.
I'm sure there are some engine shops around your area that have one of those...
I'm sure the Hob-Knobs of cast iron might scoff at using this technique, but I defy them to be able to tell that it's been done, once the iron is seasoned...
Please don't ask Kevin to do it for you, he's kinda back logged. :lol:
He hasn't even stopped by to pick up his skillet that I seasoned for him a couple of months back... :o

I visited the Lodge factory in South Pittsburg, TN a couple of years ago. The last step in manufacturing is glass-beading the surface - so how can anyone scoff at using that technique?
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
coreyjhen
Teardrop Master

Postby AlaskaBound » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:00 pm

Loader

When you season a CI pan, put on a light coat of shorting inside and out and put in oven upsidedown with foil under to catch drippings. That way the oils will not puddle in the pan. Do it a few times, then never use soap on it again.
Bob
AlaskaBound
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1