GREAT RECIPE!

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

GREAT RECIPE!

Postby Ira » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 pm

No one has posted here in like a WEEK, so I thought I would tell you about this fantastic meal.

Fire up some charcoal in the grill, take a steak, and put some pepper on it. Then throw it on the grill. Turn once.

Then take a big potato, stick it in the microwave, and hit the button that says "potato," and wait until it's done.

Take the steak off the grill, take the potato out of the microwave, and eat!

MAN OH MAN!

Also, you can add butter and sour cream to that potato to REALLY kick it up a notch!

(I know this thread/post is totally retarded, but I was laughing my ass off when I thought of it.)
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby elmo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Ira...Do you have a recipe for toast? I keep burning my fingers.
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:57 pm

I looked at your recipe and all I could thing of is breast meat (chicken of course) and melons.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Joseph,

You have to stop looking at Ira's avatar when thinking about food :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:21 pm

All you Guys checking out Ira's "New" avatar, have you checked out his transcript in Location, underneath it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby toypusher » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Ira,

Maybe you should consider writing your own COOKBOOK! It should sell like hotcakes on ebay!! :D

Paul,

I think that Ira probably does 'satisfy' Ira most of the time!!! And if other men are involved, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Ahh Yea... Ira. I like your recipe... with minor modifications. I wrap the potatoe(s) in foil and stick them in the coals to cook... I like to find a nice forked oak branch and whittle a couple sharp ends on it, then spear a nice hunk of steak about 2 inches thick, rub on some dry rub I make and roast it over an open campfire. Then set back with a Guinness or Coopers Ale if I can get it... While I burn the outside over the open flame. When it's cooked enough to touch it... and it feels about like touching the web area between your thumb and index finger... EAT IT! 8) :thumbsup: :lol:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:36 pm

Kerry, I had to read that twice before I picked up what you where saying :lol: :lol:

Brick, Coopers Pale Ale-- Nectar of the Gods 8) Actually made here in li'l ol' Adelaide. Local Family.

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby madjack » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:39 pm

...do you peel the bark off that stake first...oh wait...I was distracted...you meant steak.......... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:55 pm

PaulC wrote:
Brick, Coopers Pale Ale-- Nectar of the Gods 8) Actually made here in li'l ol' Adelaide. Local Family.

Cheers

Yeah, Paul... I know... durnit! I wish it didn't cost a fortune to send a case up here? It is not imported to the US as far as I know. He!!, it proll never makes it far past Sydney, for that matter... The local drink it all up... And I don't blame them. :lol:

Ironically, I still have a "kit" to make some homebrew Coopers Ale... God only know it it's still any good... I've had it since 1990. Hey... the can hasn't blown up yet? May still be OK? :shock:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby rbeemer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:10 pm

poor Brick,
No Coopers - hopefully you are not going through withdrawls :lol: :lol:

Have you looked at a Cost Plus or Beverages and More, those are the places I have purchased it from 8) :thumbsup:
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Hmmm... I did find this home brew kit for Coopers Australian Pale Ale $17.99 Not a bad deal at all to make 5 gallons.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_i ... ts_id=2368

And I found this source for Coopers Pale Ale at $33.99 a case plus shipping? http://www.johnsgrocery.com/Departments ... yle&arg=70 :thumbsup:

Beverages and More only has 20 bottles? at $2.99 each + shipping :o
http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp?ar ... 0000076486

Hmmm... Since it's $45.99 down under... $34.99 doesn't sound too bad? I haven't done the math on the conversion rate.
http://www.beerstore.com.au/detail.asp?beerID=48

This looked pretty interesting too... You lucky Aussies:
http://www.coopersalehouse.net/ Too bad it's half way around the world! :(

It doesn't look like we have any sellers like Cost Plus Beverages & More over here on the East Coast??? :cry:
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Wheee... Me next post will be 500! :lol:

Sheesh... Ira... I didn't mean to hog your thread? Sorry. :oops:
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Brick, Not wishing to pi$$ you off BUT the Coopers Brewery is about a 10 minute drive from my place.
Cheers
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Juneaudave » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:56 pm

Podunkfla wrote:Ironically, I still have a "kit" to make some homebrew Coopers Ale... God only know it it's still any good... I've had it since 1990. Hey... the can hasn't blown up yet? May still be OK? :shock:

Your gut can take it...go ahead and brew it up!!! As I recall, the Coopers kit has the hops in the malt, you just boil it, put it in a carboy, throw in some yeast and call it beer!!! If it don't taste right...give it a new name (something like "Bricks Outhouse Ale") and enter it into a local brew club contest.
8)
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Next

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1