fried pickles..........

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Mary K » Tue May 01, 2007 10:23 pm

Ohh, love them fried Pickles :yes:

If you can get it, you should try them in Zatarain's Seasoned Fish Fry... Got a Cajun kick to it. :thumbsup: Ohh don't' forget the ketchup for dippin!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 pm

Sounds like a fun recipe. I also like "fried green tomatoes" ... I guess that is a Southern thing? That Zatarain's Seasoned Fish Fry is great stuff... I've even used it for potatoes. Of course I also put Cholula Hot Sauce on my eggs too. :thumbsup:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby IndyTom » Wed May 02, 2007 5:37 am

Ok, you guys are making me homesick. I grew up in Mississippi and we could get fried pickles at Sonic. They were called Pickle-O's and were wonderful. I tell people here in Indiana about fried dill pickles and they look at me like I am crazy, unless they are from the south, then they understand.

Tom

PS: I just thought, I bet frying pickles would be a great use for my 8" DO.
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Wed May 02, 2007 6:04 am

I was introduced to these Panko bread crumbs, available in most stores in the Asian section. They fry to a nice crunchy golden brown. you can bake with them
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed May 02, 2007 6:55 am

IndyTom wrote:Ok, you guys are making me homesick. I grew up in Mississippi and we could get fried pickles at Sonic. They were called Pickle-O's and were wonderful. I tell people here in Indiana about fried dill pickles and they look at me like I am crazy, unless they are from the south, then they understand.

Tom

PS: I just thought, I bet frying pickles would be a great use for my 8" DO.

Tom : Tick Tock Tavern in Lafayette , IN there on the menu every day. If you are passin thru let me know, the beer is on me. Bring your DO and maybe we can start a new trend at Turkey run in a couple of weeks.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby IndyTom » Wed May 02, 2007 11:49 am

Bob,
I can't make Turky Run for the weekend but I am planning on coming down for the day on Saturday. I think I am going to try this and if it works the DO is on its way.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby War Eagle » Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Try mixing a jar of jalepenjos (sp?) and a jar of hamburger dill pickle chips. :o Let them sit a day or two. That's good. You can even fry those and they are deeeelish. The pickles cool the peppers a little and the peppers spice up the pickles, it's a great marriage.

Reckon wha tthat would be like with some Crown? :R
War Eagle
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Wed May 02, 2007 1:07 pm

IndyTom wrote:Bob,
I can't make Turky Run for the weekend but I am planning on coming down for the day on Saturday. I think I am going to try this and if it works the DO is on its way.

Tom

Same here , old what's her name and I are just gonna blow thru Saturday and say hi to the group and look at all the td's.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby rbeemer » Wed May 02, 2007 1:33 pm

War Eagle,

I think spicy pickles are good but I do not know about messin with pickle juice, there may be some members (we won't mention any names will we Chip) that may take offense to ruining good pickle juice :lol: :lol: 8)
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Wed May 02, 2007 4:00 pm

I been hearing about this high octane pickle juice for a year now... I WANT SOME! 8) :worship: :lol:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby rbeemer » Wed May 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Well Brick all I can tell ya is that you got to hope that the Pickle gods are smilin on ya and the pickles are in alignment so that you can find the "Pickle Inn" and its owner is in a happy mood to share his pickle juice concoction. :lol: :lol: :lol: :worship:
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1