Beef Teardrop Skirt with Blue Cheese

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Eunice » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:36 pm

This is from Will McLaughin from IDOS. he is a professional dutch oven cook in Medford Oregon. He sent this to me when I told him we were planning on a gathering in the Medford area

Here's a recipe for your next "TearDrop" outing...

Serves 2
1 Pound Teardrop Skirt
Olive Oil (evoo)
Salt & Pepper
Handful Fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup..(or more) Blue Cheese

Rub about a quarter cup of oil over the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place rosemary on plate, place meat on top so that it absorbs that lovely flavour for 15-30 minutes, then remove it.

Panfry or BBQ? Well it’s your choice but please make sure that it sizzles and the closer to rare that you cook it then the more tender it will be.

"Me...I put it in my cast iron skillet over medium coals..."

Have your blue cheese in thin slices, 3 or 4 should do. As soon as the meat comes off the heat put it in a carving tray and put your blue cheese on top.
The heat will melt the cheese slowly into a yum sauce.

Slice the meat very thin across the grain and place the slices over rice, baked or mashed potato....

"Me...I slice some potatoes and onions, saute' them in another skillet, salt and pepper...and serve my steak over them...or I put it on a nice soft kaiser roll as is...with a nice glass of Merlot....(But, That's me!")

Enjoy...Will

Any juices left in the tray should be poured over the final dish.

“Teardrop skirt” is a lovely lean cut of meat that when cooked correctly and cut across the grain in thin strips is ever so tasty and tender. Many of us have eaten it in asian stiryfry steak dishes without knowing, thinking it was fillet steak strips. High heat searing or stirfrying is essential as well as cooking it rare (or medium at most) for that tender chew.
"The meat is shaped like a teardrop, hence the name."
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Re: Beef Teardrop Skirt with Blue Cheese

Postby Micro469 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 pm

keneunice wrote:This is from Will McLaughin from IDOS. he is a professional dutch oven cook in Medford Oregon. He sent this to me when I told him we were planning on a gathering in the Medford area

Here's a recipe for your next "TearDrop" outing...

Serves 2
1 Pound Teardrop Skirt
Olive Oil (evoo)
Salt & Pepper
Handful Fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup..(or more) Blue Cheese

Rub about a quarter cup of oil over the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place rosemary on plate, place meat on top so that it absorbs that lovely flavour for 15-30 minutes, then remove it.

Panfry or BBQ? Well it’s your choice but please make sure that it sizzles and the closer to rare that you cook it then the more tender it will be.

"Me...I put it in my cast iron skillet over medium coals..."

Have your blue cheese in thin slices, 3 or 4 should do. As soon as the meat comes off the heat put it in a carving tray and put your blue cheese on top.
The heat will melt the cheese slowly into a yum sauce.

Slice the meat very thin across the grain and place the slices over rice, baked or mashed potato....

"Me...I slice some potatoes and onions, saute' them in another skillet, salt and pepper...and serve my steak over them...or I put it on a nice soft kaiser roll as is...with a nice glass of Merlot....(But, That's me!")

Enjoy...Will

Any juices left in the tray should be poured over the final dish.

“Teardrop skirt” is a lovely lean cut of meat that when cooked correctly and cut across the grain in thin strips is ever so tasty and tender. Many of us have eaten it in asian stiryfry steak dishes without knowing, thinking it was fillet steak strips. High heat searing or stirfrying is essential as well as cooking it rare (or medium at most) for that tender chew.
"The meat is shaped like a teardrop, hence the name."

Almost word for word......

http://www.abc.net.au/perth/stories/s1944106.htm
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1