Spicy Mexican Chicken

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Spicy Mexican Chicken

Postby Mike B » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 pm

I whipped this up from scratch last night, and it came out great. It's ideally suited for a Dutch oven.

4 lbs. Chicken legs and thighs
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon freeze-dried parsley
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken verde soup
1/2 can milk
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Arrange the chicken in a 14" Dutch oven. sprinkle with celery salt, rosemary and parsley. Cover and bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Drain the grease from the Dutch oven.

In a bowl, mix the soups, milk and chili powder. Cover the chicken with the mixture and bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve with rice, potatoes or dressing.
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:31 pm

So... Mike are you going to come over to this side of the mountains and cook that for us at one of TOW's gatherings? If so let me know which DO is yours. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bobhenry » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 pm

On a very similar note we did a little experiment here at home.
Boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in a mixture of ranch dressing , brown mustard and a very small dash of catsup reduced with a small amount of water. After marinating several hours split breast and fill cavity with ( Hold on to your nerve) Box stuffing and a can of chicken noodle soup mixed well. Oven bake of grill over indirect heat. As the Chicken cooks the dressing bakes. The dressing keeps the chicken very moist and tender and the finished product is very elegant served with rice or potatoes and a colorful vegatable.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Mike B » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:25 am

halfdome, Danny wrote:So... Mike are you going to come over to this side of the mountains and cook that for us at one of TOW's gatherings? If so let me know which DO is yours.

I'll be at Spring Fling and the 4th of July Fun at Carnation, at the very least. See you there, Danny.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1