New Recipe Database.

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

New Recipe Database.

Postby NightCap » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Workin on a database for recipes. You can do a search on anything in the record, like "Flour" or "Cheese" or who submitted. The do a print preview to see all the records found.

This is what I have so far....

Input a recipe: http://131.191.28.146:8090/recipes/recipe_view.php

Formatted Alphabetic Recipe Report: http://131.191.28.146:8090/PHP%20Magic%20Disk/ReportsGenerator/reports/recipes/recipes.php

I have started to put in some recipes but can always use a hand. I can put them in any format when we are done. PDF Word Html etc.
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby NightCap » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 pm

Did I mention this is all for fun. You can't mess it up. Type or cut and paste in your Recipe and click "Add New". That's what I did, cut and past from the forum and clicked add new. To edit click on the text of a recipe and click save changes to update. Easy as pie. :-).
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mightydog » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:55 pm

I have a new DO and was feelin' a little spunky to make something new. Clicking on your link, things come up empty. What am I doing wrong?
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dreadcptflint » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 pm

I tried it too and it's not working for me either. :(
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

"APPLE PIE "

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:29 am

The 08 Shivaree was our 1st introduction to Rap's "Apple pie "Let me just say it ain't like your mama made!

1 gallon apple cider
1/2 gallon apple juice
warm in large pan to accept 2 cups sugar
(one white and 1 brown sugar can be subed)
add 2 cups Everclear
( if you don't know what it is ask the clerk at the liquor store)
mix well and place back in the original jugs with 4 cinnamon sticks per 1/2 gallon. Let it age in the fridge ( the longer the better)

Ice cold or warm there is a slice of apple pie in every sip. Serve in small shot size cups and careful it will sneak up on ya.

Apple pie smoothee 2 to 4 ounces of your apple pie liquor with 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream. Blend completely and enjoy your "apple pie ala mode"
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:33 am

Mine won't come up at home but it does at work.

Your security settings are probably set to high and will not allow the "unknown" link"
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:37 am

OOPS

Sorry about my apple pie post. I swear I put in a new topic. I didn't mean for it to fall in your database thread.

Oh well is's a recipe

:oops:

BOB
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby NightCap » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Sorry, I changed web servers so the link broke. I will need to get the database to work with my new web server. Thanks for the interest.
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PresTx82 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Link still dead. Looking ofr a chicken Paprika recipe!
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 am

PresTx82 wrote:Link still dead. Looking ofr a chicken Paprika recipe!

From Cooks Illustrated:

Chicken Paprikash

Serves 4. Published March 1, 2002.

The stew can be made in advance through step 2. To keep the sour cream from separating from the sauce, it’s best added to the reheated stew just before serving. Rice or mashed potatoes are good accompaniments, but buttered egg noodles were tasters’ favorite. If you want to try them, cook 8 ounces of egg noodles, then drain and toss them with 2 tablespoons butter.
Ingredients
8 bone in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), trimmed of excess skin and fat
Table salt and ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large onion , halved and sliced thin
1 large red bell pepper , stemmed, seeded, halved widthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 large green bell pepper , stemmed, seeded, halved widthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch strips
3 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes , drained
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Instructions

1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 300 degrees. Season both sides of chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking, about 2 minutes. Add 4 chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook without moving them until skin is crisp and well-browned, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, turn chicken pieces and brown on second side, about 5 minutes longer; transfer to large plate. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs and transfer to plate; set aside. When chicken has cooled, remove and discard skin. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.

2. Add onion to fat in Dutch oven and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add red and green peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned and peppers are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons paprika, marjoram, and flour; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine, scraping pot bottom with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits; stir in tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Add chicken pieces and accumulated juices, submerging them in vegetables; bring to a simmer, then cover and place pot in oven. Cook until chicken is no longer pink when cut into with paring knife, about 30 minutes. Remove pot from oven. (At this point, stew can be cooled to room temperature, transferred to an airtight container, and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat before proceeding.)

3. Combine sour cream and remaining 1/2 tablespoon paprika in small bowl. Place chicken on individual plates. Stir a few tablespoons of hot sauce into sour cream, then stir mixture back into sauce in pot. Spoon enriched sauce and peppers over chicken, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1