Technical Question About A Coleman Stove...Can It Be Done?

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Technical Question About A Coleman Stove...Can It Be Done?

Postby TinKicker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Well, it was kinda' like VHS versus Beta: I bought a Coleman camp fuel stove instead of a propane-powered one about 10 years ago. It always worked well, but I'd really rather have the convenience of the propane bottles (easier to pack and NO SPILL). Does anybody know how to convert the camp fuel stove over to propane?
Love to buy a Cobb or something else equally top-shelf, but at this point in the engineering of my teardrop (read: scrounging materials and parts), I'd rather use what equipment I have already and spend the $$$ on other stuff. Ever been there? Thank God I'm a patient man because Sketchup has a way of burning through my money really fast! $>
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 pm

You can buy an adapter at most stores that sell coleman products. It replaces your tank with a new tube that you can screw a 1 lb bottle or hose to. I have used one with an old stove and it worked fine. No other mods needed.... :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby TinKicker » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks for the info and sorry for the double post. We love living in the wilderness when it comes to camping, but hate it when it comes to technological access...I'm still on dial-up and prone to seeing lags that make me think posts have been lost...hence the re-post.
Cheers!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:02 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLEMAN-TEAM-REALTREE-TWO-BURNER-PROPANE-STOVE_W0QQitemZ400016439698QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item400016439698&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Here's one for about the cost of the converter.

I picked up a real nice one at Goodwill for $5.00. I still have my Coleman gas stove as well ( yard sale find $10.00) if I need it.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TinKicker » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:39 am

Bobhenry thanks for the link! Sometimes it IS good to keep spare equipment around. I always seem to show up at the Goodwill and yardsales three minutes after you...no good deals left. :cry: :)
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 am

BTW, thanks to whoever deleted my extra copy of this topic. Keep me straight and inline, guys.
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

coleman stove

Postby MRW » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 am

I have never done it but if you go to this E Bay listing number they show one for sale

Item number: 260476004723
MRW
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1