Camp chef or atwood

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Camp chef or atwood

Postby greg755 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:17 pm

I am looking to buy a Camp Chef combination oven/stove or an Atwood.
Has any body used these?
Also was thinking of Installing a 30lb propane tank instead of a 20 lb. will that make a difference to which oven/stove I get? Or do all the regulators run at the same psi?
Thanks
greg
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm considering getting a Camp Chef Camp Oven. Halfdome Danny has one and is pleased with it. Here's a link to a discussion about using and buying them: Camp Chef Oven Have a local friend, John, who goes by "JHB" here, who has a RV style oven built it to his teardrop. You might PM him for his thoughts.

Steve Tripp has a photo of John's galley:

Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby greg755 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:26 pm

I was on another board and they said nothing but good things bout it. Also saw some good reviews.

I found a coupon for 20% off buying 1 item at Dicks, so I ordered one today. Spent $174 total (includes tax and shipping)

Will let you all know how it works out...
Thanks
G
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby greg755 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:58 pm

the coupon is at bradsdeals.com
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby thistle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:50 pm

I don't know anything about the Atwood, but I'm very happy w/ my Camp Chef Big Gas Grill 3. Got it at an amazing price at Lowe's about a year ago (about $100)-3 30K burners & a grill box that covers 2 burners.
I've grilled on it at home, used it once when the power went out, traveled w/ it to a food group picnic (easy to set up & use). I have a cover for it & a wheeled travel bag (inexpensive addons), but when the weather got colder, I moved it into my garage, where I think I will be able to utilize it for winter homebrewing (w/ all garage doors open, of course).
I also have a Camp Chef dutch oven, very happy w/ the quality, would definitely purchase both of these items again-I love my stove!
thistle
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1