Ribs Prepped With MUSTARD!

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Ribs Prepped With MUSTARD!

Postby IraRat » Wed May 25, 2005 8:32 am

It sounds crazy. It's totally nuts. It has to be a joke. It's totally ridculous.

No--it actually works.

A couple of years ago, several of my bar buddies told me about this one, and this time I actually believed them.

Take your ribs, any type you like, and lay them on foil. Then smother them in yellow mustard, both sides. (Any cheap yellow mustard, not the fancy stuff.) I'm talking A LOT of mustard.

Loosely close the foil, and then bake them at like 200 degrees for two hours.

When you're done, you will not taste a bit of mustard, and the meat will be so tender as to fall off the bone. I swear--you won't taste ANY mustard. My wife won't go NEAR the yellow stuff, yet she loves the way this comes out. (Must have something to do with the mustard enzyme that breaks down the tough stuff in the meat.)

Oh, of course, when you first take them out of the oven, you'll want to put on some of your favorite barbecue sauce and hit broil for a few minutes, or throw them on the grill. I guess that in a camping situation, you could place the foiled ribs near a camp fire to cook, not ON the fire. It's also the slow, low heat which tenderizes them.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby asianflava » Wed May 25, 2005 2:06 pm

I've had many types and styles of BBQ sauces, tomato based, vinegar based, mustard based, etc. I miss BBQ with a mustard based sauce like Sonny's has.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby IraRat » Wed May 25, 2005 2:30 pm

asianflava wrote:I've had many types and styles of BBQ sauces, tomato based, vinegar based, mustard based, etc. I miss BBQ with a mustard based sauce like Sonny's has.

Well, you ain't going to get it with THIS recipe.

Like I said, the mustard totally cooks off; it just tenderizes the meat.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1