Postby stjohn » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:56 pm

1 lb Ground Chuck
1 15 oz can Ranch Style beans
1 15 oz can unsalted Corn
1 15 oz can diced Tomotoes with green chilis
1 envolope taco seasoning mix
1 envolope hidden valley Ranch Dressing Mix

directions

In deep skillet or large pot brown meat, drain fat, add ALL canned vegetables, and their juices. (do not drain cans). Add taco mix and dressing mix. If it is too thick add water. Heat and eat

Garnish with sour cream and/or cheese

Does not sound like much, but it is really good, quick, and not much mess to clean while camping. At the lake or the Mountains. It is really good with flour Tortillas or corn bread.

We are new to the forum, and I hope you like it.

Mike St. John
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:47 pm

Mike,

I like the sound of this one. :thumbsup: Sounds like one that even I could make.

Thanks,
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: 20 minutes it's ready lets eat Santa Fe Stew

Postby Geron » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:10 pm

stjohn wrote:
Does not sound like much, but it is really good, quick, and not much mess to clean while camping. At the lake or the Mountains. It is really good with flour Tortillas or corn bread.

We are new to the forum, and I hope you like it.

Mike St. John

You can even leave out the Ground beef and add additional beans. The taco mix and ranch dressing (make sure you use REGULAR NOT INSTANT) are too strong a taste for me and I add exra cans of beans tomatoes and corn. Up to 3 cans beans (Pinto, Black, Kidney, Lima etc.) Makes and excellent "meatless" glump of a mess that's really good. Ingredients can be varied to your taste. Add Polish sausages or Cajun sausage. Wieners if yo have them. Substitute Hominy for the corn if you like Hominy. You can get really creative with this recipe.

Thanks Mike for reminding me. Weather cools a bit I'm gonna make a big pot. And welcome to the Forum

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1