whats for supper bobhenry?

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Re: whats for supper bobhenry?

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 pm

When I was away from home, working and commuting for 11 or 12 hours a day, I would often do the meal preparation the night before and stick it in a crock pot in the morning, before I left for the day. It was so nice to come home to the smell of an already cooked meal, waiting to be eaten.

Once rested and re-fortified with a good meal, it wasn't half hard to get the next meal ready and stick it in the refrigerator until morning. I would do that even before I finished washing any supper dishes because, that way, I only had to wash pots and utensils, etc. once a day. Using a crock pot is sort of like using a Dutch oven but with a lot less effort. All you have to do is plug it in and set it to a slow cook. Often, you can make enough to have leftovers to warm up in the microwave, for another day's eating. Stews, casseroles, roasts, chicken, even meatloaf does well in a crockpot; plus, you can use the less expensive but more flavorful, tougher cuts of meat and the slow cooking will tenderize them.

If you don't have one, look in the thrift stores. You can usually pick one up on the cheap and even find a book full of recipes for crock pot cooking.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kevin A » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm

TV dinners and a microwave come to mind, either that or...... :stompspam: :roll: :R :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:39 am

Kevin A wrote:TV dinners and a microwave come to mind, either that or...... :stompspam: :roll: :R :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kevin :shock: Bite your tongue hard !

Even my dog eats better than that.

Here ya go Slow......

Sharon has it right if you are crammed for time a crock pot is your best friend. Bag it the next day and take along with your Dutch oven as a warming oven.

Exactly what I did this weekend. Pork roast well rubbed with Jamacian jerk rub and slow roasted in margaretti mix over night and shredded and bagged. Added the bbq sauce and steak seasoning with a little water as I warmed it in the D.O.

As dessert a banana upside down cake.

Breakfast you ask.....

Toss together some scrambled eggs and pour over top of some pepperoni and onions that have been well sauted. Let cook for a while then top with some cheese and brown for show.

This was this weekend went yamping at a buddies house and did a little showing off :D

He did pork country style ribs and corn on the cob and salad and mac and cheese and and and.......

It was a great weekend get away. Thanks Billy and Mariah
Last edited by bobhenry on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm

I've had a pork butt in the crockpot since noon today. I really should have started it eariler, cause I'm getting hungry, and it's not done yet.

But pulled pork with a good barbeque sauce can make almost anyone smile! :D

If it's photogenic, I'll snap a photo for you later!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:29 pm

You'll have to tell me if it's photogenic...

But I can tell you, it sure tasted good!!!

Pulling it...

Dressed and ready to eat!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby ksmack01 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Deer stew and homemade punkin pie, all fireside with my wife looking on.

ksmack01
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1