Calphalon Cookware.

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Calphalon Cookware.

Postby CPASPARKS » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:33 pm

I have read a lot of the posts about cast iron. I love it too. Makes great crispy edged cornbread at home. But it is awful heavy stuff.
My idea of camping with my TD is to keep all simple, compact and light. I used to lug cast iron but have found a great alternative....Calphalon.
Non Stick, lightweight and easy to clean and store. We are using the round griddle. Mostly use it at breakfast for sausage and dinner for fajitas.
Regarding eggs, we use the RV omelet in a zip-lock bag in boiling water.
My family loves the omelet and they can put in their favorite ingredients. :)
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby Mike B » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 am

Like most modern non-stick surfaces, Calphalon degrades after quite a while. I have a set of pots and pans made from it that are at least 15 years old. I still use the pots, but for cooking with a skillet, I went back to cast iron. It just keeps getting better with age.

I haven't used Calphalon on camping trips, though. I can see the attraction there.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:05 pm

:D Glad to hear the plug for calfalon. I was wondering if I should pack my cast iron. It's biggest benefit is it takes longer to cool off.

My calfalon has the same qualities, especially with the lid on. Can use a much lower temp. I usuall go three to four setting down, and simmer is on low.

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1