Dry Mixes

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Dry Mixes

Postby Rainier70 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Some background: I use my camper as a quick "evacuation" unit about 6 or 7 months of the year. I don't use it most of the winter months, but late fall, sometimes through Nov, and starting again in late March it is sometimes needed. I am hitched up and on the road in about 30 minutes so it is packed all the time.

I keep it pretty heavily stocked with dried foods all year round and with added canned foods in the non-freezing months. I dehydrate lots of basics and fully cooked meals. I also use a lot of homemade sauces similar the SOS sauce (Soup or Sauce... recipe is here: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/201 ... s-mix.html) I like the NIDO whole milk pwd that you can get in the Hispanic section of most stores now, and I have some Sour Cream Pwd ordered that I will be trying out. Lately I have been exploring some of the grocery store sauce mixes. Does anyone have some particular likes or dislikes in the shelf stable sauces, mixes, dry soups, or anything else that can be left packed in a camper? Recipes would also be great.

Thanks!
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Dry Mixes

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:04 am

Cindy, rather than put recipes here, I'll put them, as I find them, by name. That way they will be easier for anyone to find when they are looking for something. I'm posting one tonight (oatmeal packets), with more when I can.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Dry Mixes

Postby Rainier70 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 am

Thank you. You have been most helpful, and I do appreciate it.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1