Steve's Crab Quiche

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Steve's Crab Quiche

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 am

I tried out my Outback oven with this old favorite recipe of mine. Real men not only eat quiche, they can also make it...

Steve's Crab Quiche
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of butter
3 Tablespoons diced Vidalia onion
1 foil package of crab meat or 6 ounces
One 9" pie crust partially baked
1-1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Dash of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute onion in butter in a skillet for a few minutes until tender. Add crab meat and let it heat throughout. I sprinkle the bottom of the pie crust with Parmesan cheese, then put the crab and onion mixture in the crust. Then place the grated cheese on top of the crab. Mix the eggs together with the cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Slowly pour this mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell, until it is withen 3/8" from the top or all of the mixture if it will fit. Bake in the center of the oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until he top and crust starts to brown a little. It sometimes takes a little longer before the center of the quiche sets up. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before you cut into slices and serve.
This is my sunday morning special, it takes about an hour from start to eating... Enjoy

Steve 8)

Here the second one, didn't take pictures of the first one:
Last edited by Steve_Cox on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:38 am

Steve, that sounds "slap yo momma good"...did the Outback work as well as you expected...huh huh huh
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:03 am

madjack wrote:Steve, that sounds "slap yo momma good"...did the Outback work as well as you expected...huh huh huh
madjack 8)

Mornin 'MJ, Oh Yeah! It was about 3 slices good. Heat is pretty consistant, thermometer was a little off on the cool side, took a little longer to cook, but that's better than too hot I think. No adjustments on the thermometer either. The control knob isn't marked in degrees, had to "hunt" for the right spot on the dial, but that wasn't too hard to do. Over all for $200 bucks I would have expected more on the control side of things, but now days that takes electricity, but not bad for a camping stove.

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Ira » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:16 pm

What's a foil package of crab meat? Like where they sell the tuna?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Re: Steve's Crab Quiche

Postby Micro469 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:42 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:I tried out my Outback oven with this old favorite recipe of mine. Real men not only eat quiche, they can also make it...

Steve.. is this what you mean by Outback Oven??
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Steve's Crab Quiche

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Micro469 wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:I tried out my Outback oven with this old favorite recipe of mine. Real men not only eat quiche, they can also make it...

Steve.. is this what you mean by Outback Oven??

To: What's your name?

No. This is what I mean. It is the overpriced version of the Flamineta from Mexico.

Steve
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1