Mexican coffee

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Mexican coffee

Postby cherokeegeorge » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm

A few years back my wife and I were in Xtapa and every time we ordered coffee (sweet nector of the gods) it had the flavor of chocolate in it. I don't normally like anything in my coffee (s.n.o.t.g.) I drink it strong and black and usually Peets but this was great and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of mexican coffee, is this a brew and serve. HELP
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:27 pm

George--

Try your local bar. A place like TGI Friday's sells decent Mexican Coffees. Of course, they are americanized. I think the Mexican coffees in the US are coffee, Kaluha, and tequila. Where's Kai when you need him? :tipsy:

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Laredo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:36 pm

Dunno about Mexican ... but there's a brand of chocolate you can buy, Abuelita's, that has a touch of cinnamon to it. The guys in our Weslaco office used to mince it and put about a tablespoonful into the coffee grounds when making a fresh pot in the morning. It comes in thin bars.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby ralaco » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:16 am

George

I live in Monterrey, Mexico; I’m not a coffee drinker but I can try to find the coffee you drink.

Xalapa is in Veracruz, and there is where Kai lives :twisted: , if you remember the hotel or restaurant’s name, Kai can ask the kind of coffee they sell.

Raul
ralaco
Teardrop Master

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1