A magic way to preserve Guacamole or Avocado

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

A magic way to preserve Guacamole or Avocado

Postby ralaco » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:51 pm

When making Guacamole or you have an avocado leftover just put the avocado seed in a glass of water, and go with your guacamole or avocado anywhere, and as magic the avocado doesn’t oxidize and the color will be the same next day. :ok:

You don’t have to bring the glass of water with the seed with you, leave it at home and enjoy a fresh guacamole next day anywhere. 8)

Raul
:twisted:
ralaco
Teardrop Master

Re: A magic way to preserve Guacamole or Avocado

Postby Micro469 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:16 pm

ralaco wrote:When making Guacamole or you have an avocado leftover just put the avocado seed in a glass of water, and go with your guacamole or avocado anywhere, and as magic the avocado doesn’t oxidize and the color will be the same next day. :ok:

You don’t have to bring the glass of water with the seed with you, leave it at home and enjoy a fresh guacamole next day anywhere. 8)

Raul

O.K....... Are we practising WITCHCRAFT now?? :o
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Chef » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:28 pm

Might I suggest placing a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the quacamole before putting the lid on your container.

Another way is to put everything in your quac except the lime juice. Put that in your container on top of the quac and seal. Just stir when you are ready to serve to mix in the lime juice.
Eager to Learn
Chef
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Frankly, and I really don't mean to try to be funny here, the very best way to preserve either Guacamole or an avacado...........is to give either to me. Neither would last long enough to spoil, that's for sure.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Joanne » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:34 pm

Chef wrote:Might I suggest placing a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the quacamole before putting the lid on your container.

Another way is to put everything in your quac except the lime juice. Put that in your container on top of the quac and seal. Just stir when you are ready to serve to mix in the lime juice.

Hi Chef,

I see this is post #1 for you, so welcome to the insane asylum! Resistance is futile so you might as well accept your fate and join in.

Now that you have "decloaked", are you considering a build?

I'm going to beat MadJack to the punch and remind you, "We love 'dem pictures!".

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Re: A magic way to preserve Guacamole or Avocado

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:51 pm

ralaco wrote:When making Guacamole or you have an avocado leftover just put the avocado seed in a glass of water, and go with your guacamole or avocado anywhere, and as magic the avocado doesn’t oxidize and the color will be the same next day. :ok:

Raul

Raul,

Looks like you have a few non-believers here. :lol:

Think I'll try it out, I'll get two avocados next time I shop and put one seed in water and throw the other out, then I'll see if the avocados will last long enough to check the results. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Chef » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:17 pm

Joanne wrote:
Hi Chef,

I see this is post #1 for you, so welcome to the insane asylum! Resistance is futile so you might as well accept your fate and join in.

Now that you have "decloaked", are you considering a build?

I'm going to beat MadJack to the punch and remind you, "We love 'dem pictures!".

Joanne

I have been trolling for a while and soaking up info on everything from frames and suspensions to side tents and portaloos :thinking: but I couldn't resist posting when I reached the food section...gee how odd.

Anyway, yes I am considering a build. I became enamoured with these little things when I discovered they could be towed by my weekend car, a VW cabriolet and they have a kitchen. I think it might make a great project and might even get my wife to go camping.

As far as pics I'm still in the dreaming/considering/thinking about phase so I don't even have a sketch of anything to show yet, unless you want a pic of me in kilt :lol:

Oh yes and thanks for the welcome!
Eager to Learn
Chef
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:28 pm

Chef wrote:As far as pics I'm still in the dreaming/considering/thinking about phase so I don't even have a sketch of anything to show yet, unless you want a pic of me in kilt

On this site, it wouldn't be the first picture of a guy in a kilt.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chef » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:03 am

asianflava wrote:On this site, it wouldn't be the first picture of a guy in a kilt.

While I was trolling i came across a couple which is why I mentioned it. :lol:
Eager to Learn
Chef
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:36 am

asianflava wrote:
Chef wrote:As far as pics I'm still in the dreaming/considering/thinking about phase so I don't even have a sketch of anything to show yet, unless you want a pic of me in kilt

I think we've even seen a guy in a thong. :shock:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby PaulC » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:31 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
asianflava wrote:

I think we've even seen a guy in a thong. :shock:

The mentals images are killing me :lol: :lol: Welcome aboard Chef.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Chef » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 am

PaulC wrote:
The mentals images are killing me :lol: :lol: Welcome aboard Chef.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Thank you, so far I have missed the thong...thank the Lord for small mercys. :worship:
Eager to Learn
Chef
Donating Member

Postby Ira » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:32 pm

LONG ISLAND???

I'm a former Canarsie boy.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1