Out Back Steak House Aussie Fries?

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Micro469 wrote:You want something that will really Goss out a few of you?

French Fries topped with ketchup, mayo, mustard, malt vineger, salt and pepper, and beef gravy..YUMMY!!

John,
You are a sick man :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:22 pm

I was in Montreal a few years ago and had fries with this crumbled type of cheddar cheese,( I think they call it curd) and brown beef type gravy , Holy carp was it good.....Oh course I had a few LaBatts in me at the time
I can tell you as a Registered Nurse,... that when you swallow such as this, or fries with mayo, they dont actually get to your stomach............halfway down they make a left turn right into the cornary artery .........and from a roadblock. :lol:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Nytewyng wrote:I was in Montreal a few years ago and had fries with this crumbled type of cheddar cheese,( I think they call it curd) and brown beef type gravy , Holy carp was it good.....Oh course I had a few LaBatts in me at the time
I can tell you as a Registered Nurse,... that when you swallow such as this, or fries with mayo, they dont actually get to your stomach............halfway down they make a left turn right into the cornary artery .........and from a roadblock. :lol:

That would be the "poutine" pronounced Pooo-tin...
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Micro469 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 pm

Nytewyng wrote:I was in Montreal a few years ago and had fries with this crumbled type of cheddar cheese,( I think they call it curd) and brown beef type gravy , Holy carp was it good.....Oh course I had a few LaBatts in me at the time

You be talking about Poutine.. A Quebec specialty..... In Newfoundland theyhave it with "the works".. ground beef fried with savory spinkled on top of the fries covered in gravy

:thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:05 pm

I like my fries with brown gravy.

Good tucker

(saw that at outback)
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chef » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:18 am

The Aussie fries disscussd earlier are definitely not Australian they are just an evolution of the stuffed potato skin that were quite popular in casual chain restaurants a few years back, which were usually "stuffed" with melted cheese and crumbled bacon. Using fries rather than potato skins is cheaper and makes for a better "sharing" appetiser.

The Belgians are responsible for "frites avec mayonnaise", but mayonnaise in Europe is much different than the jelled Helmans/ Miracle Whip stuff here in the States. Make a homemade mayo and you will understand why it is so popular. :thumbsup:
Eager to Learn
Chef
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1