Camp Pizza Dough Find

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Camp Pizza Dough Find

Postby DRYVEM » Tue May 30, 2006 11:46 am

Found this in a junk store in Grants Pass on Memorial Day.It is called a Bread Dough Mixer. Hand crank with suction cups on the bottom for stability. I am going to try making my pizza dough in it. Will post results soon.
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue May 30, 2006 1:45 pm

AWESOME FIND!!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Paleeeeze share your recipe when you get it fine tuned...
BTW-My buddy told me to nix the corn meal, only go half on the beer and switch to a "high glute" flour... whatever the heck that means.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Ira » Tue May 30, 2006 1:46 pm

There are no shortcuts in life--just ask any Italian who makes pizza:

You have to hand-knead the dough.

The next thing you know, you'll be putting mayonnaise and chopped lettuce on that pizza.

Oooops, sorry Dean. To each his own.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby DRYVEM » Tue May 30, 2006 2:35 pm

Guest wrote:AWESOME FIND!!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Paleeeeze share your recipe when you get it fine tuned...
BTW-My buddy told me to nix the corn meal, only go half on the beer and switch to a "high glute" flour... whatever the heck that means.

here is your answer:

Q: Can you please tell me the difference between bread flour and high-gluten flour? Can high-gluten be used in place of bread flour successfully?

A: Bread flour is a high-gluten flour that has very small amounts of malted barley flour and vitamin C or potassium bromate added. The barley flour helps the yeast work, and the other additive increases the elasticity of the gluten and its ability to retain gas as the dough rises and bakes.

Flour sold as high-gluten or simply gluten flour has been treated to remove most of its starch, which leaves it with proportionately more of the proteins that produce gluten. It is generally used as an additive to doughs made of low-gluten flours, such as rye flour, to give them the elasticity that they can’t muster on their own.
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1