IndyTom wrote: if you want to get a real argument started, lets talk ketchup:
Heinz or Hunts? :lol:

Tom

Neither...
Del Monte :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby asianflava » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:42 am

IndyTom wrote:But if you want to get a real argument started, lets talk ketchup:
Heinz or Hunts? :lol:

Tom

I like Heinz, Hunt's is kinda sweet.

Back in High School, we'd stop at the BK Lounge (Burger King) after school a few times a week. A friend of ours worked there so we got "Hooked up." I always hated their ketchup packets because they were Hunt's. My friend told me to ask for a "Courtesy cup of ketchup." Apparently, even though they gave out Hunt's packets, they put Heinz on the burgers.

Can't say if this is still true today. I really don't like Burger King anymore, I haven't been there in years.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean Williams » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:03 am

IndyTom wrote:
But if you want to get a real argument started, lets talk ketchup:
Heinz or Hunts?

Tom

Heinz 57. I keep it right next to my Best Foods mayo. The other part of the argument is: Ketchup or catsup?
Dean (no, not that Dean. The other Dean.)

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:36 am

...either, either, neither, neither...how you spell it doesn't matter as long as it sez HEINZ...all the rest are just too sweet.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby IndyTom » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:54 am

The trouble is, I have one son that has a high sensitivity to high fructose corn syrup. It is in everything so even though I have only done Heinz since childhood, we have only had some sort of organic ketchup in the house. Although the store brand at Wild Oats is pretty good. It has a strong cumin kick to it.

Oh well, anything for the kids.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Re: Miracle Whip vs Hellman's

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:15 am

sjptak wrote:I just saw my Dr yesterday and he said my Cholestoral is 251 an my TriGlycerides are off the scale.

Back in '97 I weighed about 200 lbs, I had cholesterol around 250 and triglycerides of 141. I don't remember my ratio of good to bad cholesterol but it wasn't good. So I went on the Atkins diet: worked with my doctor, got the bloodwork, monitored the ketosis, did everything straight by the book. Began losing weight quickly (I was burning fat like a pig on fire!) and after six months I weighed 170 lbs, my cholesterol was in the 180s and my triglycerides in the 70s with an excellent ratio of good to bad c. The best part is I've been able to maintain that with very little effort. I'd probably drop another ten pounds if I did any exercise besides climbing the stairs to go to bed.

Hellman's & Heinz, thanks.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Chip » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:59 am

Thar aint but one Mayo and thats "Dukes",,,, all the rest is just salad dressing,,, and thats my final word on it,,,, :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:36 am

Hellman's in our house--because my wife says so.

Heinz in our house--because my wife says so.

When I was single, it was Miracle Whip and Hunts.

What's wrong with this picture?
Last edited by Ira on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:38 am

Actually, the best mayo is homemade - that way you don't get the corn starch, the HFCS and all the additives and other crap. Unfortunately, I'm normally just too lazy to make it.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:40 am

Ira wrote:Hellman's in our house--because my wife says so.
Heinz in our house--because my wife says so.
When I was single, it was Miracle Whip and Huntz.
What's wrong with this picture?

Congratulations! Sounds like you married a smart woman...

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:47 am

Joseph wrote:Actually, the best mayo is homemade - that way you don't get the corn starch, the HFCS and all the additives and other crap. Unfortunately, I'm normally just too lazy to make it.

Joseph

I tried it once, 99.9% certain that I followed Emeril's instructions correctly, but it didn't come out right.

It didn't seem that difficult to make, so I gotta try again. I think I remember that you put lemon in it, so maybe I put too much in.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:11 am

Joseph,
That diet... Is that the one where you can eat all the meat you want and cut out all breads and potatoes???

BTW- A opened the fridge last night... it was Heinz, but I did grow up on Del Monte Catsup.

Ira, I'm gonna agree with Joseph... You gotta smart woman. :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:39 am

Guest wrote:That diet... Is that the one where you can eat all the meat you want and cut out all breads and potatoes???

Not exactly. It is a high protien, low carbohydrate diet.

Protien is important as a source of repair material for the body. But when it comes to fueling the body, we have only two sources for fuel: carbohydrates and fats. Carbohydrates are always burned first and if you eat too much of them, any fats you eat are stored. Cut out the carbs and your body switches to burning fats for fuel. Atkins is often described as a high FAT, low carb diet, but not so, because if you consume more fat than you burn, you're still going to gain weight. If you limit your carbs and consume less fat than you burn, your body has nowhere else to go for fuel but your stored fat.

Put it this way - there's the high carb, low fat diet where you eat stuff like wheat chaff and oat hulls with skim milk and snack on celery and carrots. Or there's Atkins, where you eat stuff like steak, prime rib, and bacon & eggs and snack on cheese. Most of my limited carb intake comes from salads and green vegetables. I do have the occasional baked potato but I still keep my carb intake under 70 g. a day.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:05 am

Thanks,
I really like the steak, prime rib, bacon, eggs and snacking on cheese part. :twisted:
TDN has really been encouraging me to be mindful of better health, through better diet... I think she wants me to be around for a while.
I've been eating more salads and have cut way back on beef and boy do I miss it... and I've changed over to nothing but Kellog's Cracklin Oat Bran for breakfast. (Was told that stuff will really scrub yaa out)
I'm down to 195 now and I'd like to get down to 180 and stay there.
I'm might switch over to that high protein, low carb deal and try it for a while...
My only immediate regret is, I recently became very interested in bread baking with dutch ovens... :cry:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:47 am

Guest wrote:I'm might switch over to that high protein, low carb deal and try it for a while...

Best to do it hand in glove with your doctor. If your doctor doesn't like it, make him explain why, then find another doctor.
My only immediate regret is, I recently became very interested in bread baking with dutch ovens...

Depends on what you make bread out of. One thing about carbs - if you check the lable for carb content and fiber content, you can subtract the fiber from the carbs. Hence, if you make your bread from high-fiber ingredients, it will have less carbs. The two worst enemies of a low-carb diet are sugar and anything made from white flour.

I do miss donuts sometimes...

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1