Miracle Whip vs Hellman's

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Nytewyng » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Sorry But I think its what you were brought up on that imprints your brain.... for me its Hellmans MAyo Heinnz ketchup and Guldens Spicye brown mustard.........my 2 cents
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby gailkaitschuck » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:09 am

As a Registered Dietitian, I've worked with a fair number of folks placed on Protein Sparing Modified Fasts (the fancy word for high protein diets); some using food, some using liquid products.

Most did well; if they liked meat, they enjoyed it and while in ketosis, hunger was suppressed. Many on blood pressure or diabetic meds were able to reduce or get off these and lipid levels often dropped fairly quickly (triglycerides will often decrease with any reduction in weigh, no matter what diet is used).

The worst part of the diet was that it got quite boring. Also folks had to learn it was OK for them to run to the bathroom quite frequently to urinate but bowel movements only popped up once or week or so.

Unfortunately the long term results in terms of maintaining weight loss were as dismal as they are with other weight reduction programs.

These things go in cycles. Atkins has now lost favor. However, several years down the road, it will pop up again.

And the difference between the two Mayo/salad dressing discussed is mainly in their sugar content. Some folks prefer a sweeter taste, others one where the fat taste is more evident.

And, as Chip said, Dukes is THE only product in the south (although I never heard of it before I moved to Georgia).

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:17 am

Hey Ira, At the IRG we had a dutch oven expert giving tips and demonstrations. He said any cake recipe you could use mayo instead of eggs. Give it a try and let me know if it tastes good.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Laredo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:03 pm

bledsoe,

u can but not miracle whip the mustard and pepper make the cake taste 'off'.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1