can't wait for "Feasting on Asphalt" show to start

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

can't wait for "Feasting on Asphalt" show to start

Postby curiouswill » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:10 pm

I'm a big fan of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" and have been hearing about a new show of his called Feasting on Asphalt which is about him travelling crosscountry on a mortorcycle visiting all kind of places to talk about the foods there and different kind of info. I heard that some of his stop will includes some campground, and stuffs.

Here is a short Q&A from THIS SITE

What is Feasting on Asphalt?
Alton Brown’s cross-country search for the nation’s best road food.

Where is Alton Brown going?
Georgia, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, California and more.

How is he going to get there?
On a motorcycle. "Why a motorcycle? As far as I’m concerned, there’s no better way to experience the road than from the back of a bike. Being exposed to the elements presents thrills and challenges alike, most of which can’t be captured in a ‘cage’ (that’s what motorcycle people call cars)," says Alton.

What will Alton eat?
Every kind of road food available--from foraging in the forest (grubs are great protein) to camp cooking (think Lewis and Clark) to diners, truck stops and even the corporate fast food chains. Alton also intends to eat (and cook) in nifty regional joints, churches, community centers, VFW halls, RV parks and the homes of folks nice enough to offer a weary traveler a meal.

P.S. oh since i'm deaf, if anybody watch the video clips on the site, could you please send me a short summary of what the clip is saying? I've seen the commercial on TV and it is not captioned :(
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby apratt » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:22 pm

I sure hope they do it in close caption!!!! They do it on good eats so I hope they continue to do so on the new show!!!! :worship: :worship:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby curiouswill » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:36 pm

yeah me too. this is one of my favorite type of show. I would call alton brown the bill nye of the food world. (remember the science tv show bill nye?)

i just love the way he explains the chemical reactions and stuffs. i'm the type of guy who loves to learn all thing science. i even have a few quantum physic boks :D
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

alton

Postby stbuch » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 pm

Re: Alton
We call him "the professor" at our house

Sherrie
Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
stbuch
The 300 Club