55 ben roy on e bay

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

55 ben roy on e bay

Postby Figmoman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Is the 55 Ben Roy on e bay a good buy at $3000? It bid up to $3900 and the deal fell through for some reason. It was offered to me for $3000 which was my bid. Is that a decent buy or would i be paying too much. I have asked for the sellers phone number so i can ask lots of questions. Do i need trailer brakes on this thing in California? He indicated it weighed about 800 pounds.
Figmoman
Teardrop Inspector

Be careful

Postby apbos » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:26 am

:thinking: Make sure you are dealing with the seller. After my recent sale a con person tried to sell my item to the under bidder saying they were me and the winning bidder backed out.
:x
Paul
apbos
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 55 ben roy on e bay

Postby exminnesotaboy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:27 am

Figmoman wrote:Is that a decent buy or would i be paying too much.

Depends on if it needs work. If it is as decent as it looks from the pics, I think that is reasonable. I really think that is one of the best profiles out there.

Regarding purchasing it outright: there is a reason tht eBay prohibits this type of thing: con artists. I have done it myself, but for items that wouldn't bother me if I got screwed (<$50). If you can see the trailer in person and they have the registration in his/her name for you to see, go for it.

But you have to ask yourself why he didn't offer it to the two other bidders who bid higher amounts after you....sounds fishy to me...
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Figmoman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:39 pm

I smelled something fishy. I e mailed him back about the other higher bidders and he said he never heard back from them. Well enough time had not elapsed for three different people to respond. The e mailer had a different e bay name than the seller too. I then asked for a phone number so i could call as i had lots of questions about the trailer and i would call him on my dime. He e mailed back that he did not have time to talk on the phone and just e mail the question and he would get (make up) the answers. I smell a SCAM big time. I think the trailer did sell for the high bid price and this scammer is riding on the wake and the true seller is unaware of any of this. Mike
Figmoman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nick Taylor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:12 pm

Did you try contacting them through the link in the auction itself? That will send an e-mail to the registered seller.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:13 pm

As for trailer brakes in Cal... Not required if the trailer is under 1,500 lbs.

Return to For Sale/Wanted