FOR SALE, New 4.6' x 9' Tear Drop Frame------SOLD!

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

FOR SALE, New 4.6' x 9' Tear Drop Frame------SOLD!

Postby Lickety Split » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:43 pm

I have a brand new 4'-6'' by 9' long tear drop trailer frame for sale. It's made out of 1 by 3'' box tubing and 2 by 3'' angle. It has a 3500 lb axle (cambered) The trailer frame was setup to fit a fullsize Bed. The frame was setup for a rear bumper, the bumper comes with it. It's alluminum off a 70's Ford Farmont. It comes with a trailer jack and safety chains. It has tires and rims on it plus a share matching rim. they are used. The wheels are 15 x 7's with P195-60R-15 tires. The spare has no tire on it. I have pic's of it i can send, i posted a pic of it in my personal gallery. I built it to build for myself. I ended up finding an old 1940's tear drop that i am rebuilding so i don't need the frame anymore. so up for sale she go's! The trailer is in Bakersfield Ca. It can be towed away, no problem! $500 Firm
Last edited by Lickety Split on Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

UPDATE

Postby Lickety Split » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:03 pm

A guy come by to see the trailer frame the other day. He seen a stainless steel counter top I had sitting in my garage that came out of an old trailer I had worked on. (Iam a trailer repairman) The counter top has a sink and a 2 burner stove in it all made out of stainless steel. "Very nice looking". He made a joke about me tossing in the kitchen sink? Alright, Alright! I will even toss in the Kitchen sink! And yes that means the counter top with the 2 burner stove! I added a pic of it in my personal gallery :twisted:
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Postby samstoybox » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:15 pm

Dear Split,

Beautiful frame, wheels, and sink/stove. Wishing I lived closer than 800 miles (and that I didn't already have too many trailers in my backyard). Best of luck in selling it, you've set a very fair price.
Sam Cancilla
http://www.samstoybox.com/teardrop/ - My teardrop (re)build site
samstoybox
Teardrop Builder

Thank's Sam

Postby Lickety Split » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 pm

Thank's Sam. Yea i was thinking it was it was a fair price? Ever price a stainless steel sink and stove? The frame has near 0 flex in it! It's very-very rigid. I set the frame up for outside the frame mounting of the body. If you look the the pic's you will see that the front and back crossmembers are turned around. This was done so I could start the front and back angels of the tear drop body by useing a 4 x 4 set with the starting angel. The frame was setup for a full size bed. Full size beds are 50'' wide and 75'' or 80'' long. The bedroom floor is 54'' wide by 84" long, this makes room for tucking in your blankets. The kitchen floor is 24'' x 54'' wide. The leaf springs are rated to 2,200 lb's on the axle. There are 3 leafs in them, if you want them alittle lighter you can take out the bottom leaf and the rating go's down to 1,500 lb's on the axle. There is 4'' from the outside of the frame to the inside of the tires. This leaves room for outside walls up to 2'' thick. I was going to use 2 layers of 1/4'' ply, one on each side of a 1'' x 2'' wall framing. Oh and the spring bolts have grease fittings in them! The safety chains are rated at 5,400 lb's each and they have hooks on them. The top of the frame is 16'' high off the ground. I set it low so i could use a standerd bed mattress in the trailer. With the frame being 16'' high, 1'' of flooring and a mattress of about 8'' tall, you have the top of the bed 25'' high off the ground. The tounge of the trailer frame is 40'' from the front rail to the center of the ball. (2'' ball) As a trailer repairman, I know what it costs for good trailer parts! Theres not a cheap part on this trailer frame! Heck, it has some nice Pirelli P400 tires on it! Your right Sam, I think it's a fair price for it as well? Thank's, Howard
Last edited by Lickety Split on Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John T3 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:47 am

If all is as you describe, then I'm your buyer. I'm just waiting on a reply to my e-mail. :thumbsup: , John
John T3
Teardrop Builder

John, E-mail Sent

Postby Lickety Split » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi John. I sent you an e-mail. Howard
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

I'll take it

Postby schmidty » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:14 pm

If you have no buyers yet, I'm interested
send me an email
thanks
schmidty <><

10,000 miles and counting
schmidty
Teardrop Inspector

She's A Goner!

Postby Lickety Split » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:03 am

:cry: This one's out a here, she's been sold! John T3 is the new owner. John's a really nice guy. He drove up from Riverside today and we hooked her up and away they went! Thank's John.
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Hmm..............................

Postby Lickety Split » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:02 am

Hmm......... Now a nice trailer repairman may just have have something else laying around I could setup for someone???????? Hmm??????? Lets see? I have this, I have that and I have one of those things sitting over there? Oh and I have one of those things as well???????? Hmm, Maybe a 4 x8 ? or maybe even a 4 x9 ? Hmm? Or just maybe a 5 x 10 ?????? You just never know?????? The heck with them Harbor Freight flexie flyer special's! I've repaired them things they call a trailer many a times before! Bolt together frames won't last! Some of them even have metric bearings in them, there very hard to find. The bad part is you can't change them over to the 44643 or the 44649 bearings! These are standard 2,000 lb bearings. Hmm? Now your driving home after a nice camping trip and.......... there go's a wheel bearing, SON OF A B------! What there metic????? What do you mean you can't get them for me????? $200 later after replacing the axle on your $300 trailer frame and your back on the road and thats "IF" they have an axle to fit it! Come on guys! You get what you pay for, thats life! The less flex and the more rigid the frame is, the longer the trailer walls will last! Ya I know! The cost of a good trailer frame isn't always cheap! But it's worth it in the long run! Theres nothing I hate more then to have to repair something on my trailer that a few dollers more at the start could have stoped in thew frist place! Think about it? I may put together some other trailer frames out here? It's something if been thinking about doing to get rid of some parts I have sitting around here at the house after building trailers here for 6 plus years. I may just have a 4 x 9 frame sitting here to start? You just never know???????? :roll: Later dudes! Howard
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John T3 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:49 pm

I am a VERY happy owner of this 4.5 x9 trailer, and I am VERY impressed with Howard's craftsmanship. He knows his trade, and I don't hesitate to recommend him. I feel like I got this trailer at half it's true value. I can't stop> :)
John T3
Teardrop Builder

Return to For Sale/Wanted