Tear for sale

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:43 pm

Sliding doors??? Would love to see how that works..Had the same idea but changed it do to sealling concerns.
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:28 am

Chris,

Maybe so, but I've seen enough to know that I'm not interested. I'll just have to restore the Orphan.

Have a good day.
8)
Last edited by Gage on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jonkayak » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:34 am

Gage I guess you are doing what you do to every other post on this board. Maybe you would like a pic of every 1" of my trailer. If I remember correctly when I asked about doing sliding doors you bashed me on the idea from the get go. You did this all because you were unable to imagine an exterior door that could slide and seal. You said all builders use swing style doors and that I was trying to reinvent the wheel. Then When I pointed out sliding glass doors you shut up and left the post (how about doing the same). To say the least, you are the last person I would sale it to. I don't care if you show up at my door with cash I would tell you where to put it. All you seem to do here is bash people. So as far as I'm concerned I wished you would leave my threads alone.

To everyone else I'm sorry if I seem out of line with Gage but I have been here a short time and that guy has rubbed me the wrong way since day one.

I will be happy to get anyone more pics of the camper if there is an interest in it. Right now I have up what pics I have. I will also be glad to answer any ?'s that someone might have. As far as the sliding doors go I have the sealing issue solved. It seals up nice and tight and they work great. When I was camping this past weekend with the camper many people stated how much they liked them.

Jon
1st tear drop sold. Second TTT will be glassed and look like........weekender maybe???????
Jonkayak
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:58 pm

Jonkayak wrote:Gage I guess you are doing what you do to every other post on this board. Maybe you would like a pic of every 1" of my trailer. If I remember correctly when I asked about doing sliding doors you bashed me on the idea from the get go. You did this all because you were unable to imagine an exterior door that could slide and seal. You said all builders use swing style doors and that I was trying to reinvent the wheel. Then When I pointed out sliding glass doors you shut up and left the post (how about doing the same). To say the least, you are the last person I would sale it to. I don't care if you show up at my door with cash I would tell you where to put it. All you seem to do here is bash people. So as far as I'm concerned I wished you would leave my threads alone.Jon

Just where the heck are you coming from. In the beginning I was interested in your tear for my sister. I was interested because it was a bigger tear than what I have sitting in my back yard. The reason I decided against it was: location, shape and what is left to be completed for the prise your asking. That is all. I can't remember ever bashing you about your sliding doors. I may have questioned you about them, but I don't believe I've every slamed you about them. Seems to me the biggest concern was how they were going to seal. Yes I got out of the discussion. After you explaned what you were doing, I had no further question on how, so I just didn't post anymore but I read all the discussion being posted.

Flash, I found my post to you, it's quoted below and I still don't see where I bashed you. Let every one on the board make up thier own minds.

Construction tips - Pocket Doors - Aug. 17, 2005
Gage wrote:Well Jon, with your mind set on what your going to do. You shouldn't have asked for our opinions. You also shouldn't have stated why you weren't going to add installation because it told me that you really didn't understand installation. That's why I and others voiced our views.

It looks to me that you are going to be the pioneer on creating and installing pocket doors because most every one else kept it simple and built thier teardrops to give a little more confort than what a tent provides. So please keep us up to date on your progress. It just may be educational for us all. And don't forget pictures.

Questions are asked for answers to problems or opinions on how to do something. They are not for arguement.

Just my 5 cents. Have a good day.
8)

I under lined key parts of my post that apparently you missed.

Have a good day.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jonkayak » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Hardin Valley Magic

The slidding doors were very easy to make but do have thier draw backs. They ride on a 1/2" alum C channel that runs the lenght of the top and bottom of the door frame. Then the doors were built from 1x4s and rabbited to allow the top and bottom edges to fit into the C channel. If done right they only produce a gap of about 1/16" when closed. This gap is then filled with an 1/8" x 1/4" foam. So far it has not leaked but I have not had it in the driving rain yet. If I keep the tear then I plan on putting a drip rail (home made gutter that would act as trim as well) all the way around the door for added protection.

The main draw back is that the doors must go above the wheel wells becuase of my design. There for the doors ride higher on the walls then I would have liked but it is still very useabel.

Also I would take photos of it but the digital is not work to well right now. So the only way I'm getting photos is the old fashion way. Take the pictures send then off for development, go get them, and scan them. Maybe Santa will bring me a new one.

Jon
1st tear drop sold. Second TTT will be glassed and look like........weekender maybe???????
Jonkayak
Teardrop Builder

Postby Normspeed » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Come on Jon, don't beat around the bush, tell us how you REALLY feel! :)

PS, that's a nice roomy looking tear. Made me smile that you're using it before it's "finished". Couple years back, when mine was about 50% done, some buddies came to stay at my place for the L.A. Roadster show. I ran outta floor space for them to bunk down on, so one guy spent the week sleeping in my unfinished tear in the driveway. We hooked up an old motorcycle battery so he could use the interior light. Worked out real good.
Norm

[quote="Jonkayak"]Gage I guess you are doing what you do to every other post on this board. Maybe you would like a pic of every 1" of my trailer. If I remember correctly when I asked about doing sliding doors you bashed me on the idea from the get go. You did this all because you were unable to imagine an exterior door that could slide and seal. You said all builders use swing style doors and that I was trying to reinvent the wheel. Then When I pointed out sliding glass doors you shut up and left the post (how about doing the same). To say the least, you are the last person I would sale it to. I don't care if you show up at my door with cash I would tell you where to put it. All you seem to do here is bash people. So as far as I'm concerned I wished you would leave my threads alone.
Normspeed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:34 pm

...just reminding everyone to play nice................................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:01 pm

Jon thanks for the info.I kinda invisioned the same thing however, I went simplistic and went squared cornered swing style.Might try it as a demo. (for the next one) :twisted:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:56 pm

madjack wrote:...just reminding everyone to play nice................................. 8)

That was very administrator sounding. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:04 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
madjack wrote:...just reminding everyone to play nice................................. 8)

That was very administrator sounding. :lol:

...hey I gotta do somethin' to earn all them big bucks Mike is paying me ;)

madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:23 am

You know, I've never really bashed anyone. Can I do it now :QM Please, pretty please ;)

Have a good night.
8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:55 am

Jon,
Julie (oklahomajewel) has been looking for a teardrop and your asking price should be within her budget. If I remember correctly, the size of yours is about what she was hoping to find also...
(Might want to drop her a PM...)
In the meantime, I'll shoot a PM to her about this thread...

Postby Jonkayak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Dean
Thanks for the heads up I'll see if I can find her.

Normspeed
She's not finished but she works just fine.

Jon
Jonkayak
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to For Sale/Wanted