MacBilt 1989 For Sale

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

MacBilt 1989 For Sale

Postby JayWheeler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:25 pm

The photo of the Ford Expedition and the Tear Drop is the actual Tear Drop for sale the other photos and the diagram are for reference only!

For Sale: This is a work in process / fixer upper, I have many replacement parts from the manufacture Peter Ward. Why is it a fixer upper?: There was a leak in rear door and the Kitchens main surface which was plywood swelled and rippled. The kitchen (such that it was) has been removed, so you can configure it anyway you want. The rear door has been removed and saved. A aluminum rear door frame has been fabricated, powder coated black and is ready for skinning. I purchased a stainless steel hinge to replace the aluminum one that came with the trailer for mounting the rear door. I also have two stainless steel locking handles for the rear door (expensive) to replace the single locking handled tension bar handle (bad design). The Tear Drop had a removable front tongue it was a little rusty and not the way I wanted it to look so I designed another removable front tongue had it powder coated (looks great), it needs to have the electrical run from the new rear lights to the connector box on the tongue. The interior of the Teardrop is in original condition.

1989 Mac-Bilt Baja Special, custom designed, all wood interior, chrome hardware and stainless steel hardware, Bed size 4" Latex foam mattress, vented roof, AC Marine type inlet, and classic styling. Kitchen has been removed due to leak in rear door. Trailer includes: 6 pin plug, receiver hitch, 14" black wheels, black fiberglass fenders, chrome bumper, roof rack. Located in San Diego, CA.
Phone: 619-282-9037
Price: $2,500.
E-mail: [email protected]

JayWheeler
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted