For Sale: All New 4' x 9' Rolling Chassis

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

For Sale: All New 4' x 9' Rolling Chassis

Postby Lickety Split » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:07 pm

I have an all new 4' x 9' rolling chassis for sale. The main frame is made out of 2''x2'' 3/16'' wall sq tubing. The cross members are made out of 2''x2'' 3/16'' angle. The coupler is a Bulldog forged steel coupler, 2'' ball. It has a Fulton 2,000lb a-frame jack. It has 2 HD safety chains, rated at 5,400 lbs each. The axle is a 2'' drop 3.500lb cambered 2''x2'' 1/4'' wall sq tube axle, 5 on 4 1/2'' wheel pattern. It comes with 3 new Dexter 13'' rims with 3 new 185/80R13''s tires on them. The leaf springs are rated for 1,500lb a pair on the axle. The tounge is 47'' from the ball center to the front cross member. The frame is 108'' from the front cross member to the back. The axle is 38'' forward of the rear cross member. The main frame is 50'' wide. The top of the frame is 17'' high. The ball is 16'' high. There are pic's of it posted in my personal gallery. The trailer is in Bakersfield Ca. It is a rolling chassis, it can be towed away to its new home. $600. 1-661-398-9277...... :twisted: Note, The pic's show it as a non-drop axle. The trailer seemed alittle high to me, so i replaced the axle with a 2'' drop axle. It is all new as well. I also added two more fishplates on the outside of the tounge to main frame rails like the ones on the inside of the frame rails and boxed in the back of the coupler as well.
Last edited by Lickety Split on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Hmm??????

Postby Lickety Split » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:26 pm

Hmm????? I guess I will have to use lighter and cheaper parts on the next one? "Wrong!" :thumbdown: It's just not my way of doing things! :thinking:
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vegabond9 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:42 pm

No way. Great trailer and I find my self wishing I could pick it up.... tempting it is. However..... my location sorely complicates things. :roll:

TD trailer ready to go. Hard to find anywhere. There are so many people on this board that are in the "chassis" stage that could use it. I've come to accept that if you want a non HF chassis you are looking at about 800 or so.
Vegabond9
Teardrop Advisor

More Junk

Postby Lickety Split » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:55 pm

Thank's Mike. I built my frist trailer over 27 years ago. Trailer frames are not something new to me. I have been building and repairing trailers for the last 8 years here in Bakersfield Ca. I ended up with some old junkers as well, "Hey could you cut this up for me, I will pay you for it!" One of them is kinda odd looking, well it was till I got into Tear Drop trailers and checking out how some of the old ones where made. It has an old cast iron drop axle under it off an old car. The frame is a V shape from the tounge to the back, like a flying V. It looks something like an old Midget trailer frame? The guy added a frame on top of it to make up the floor and added sides to it. He used it for gardening trailer for the last 20 years! He gave it to me and 20 bucks to cut it up after I built him a new trailer. I started cutting off all of the railings and the box frame he add. Now I have a flying V frame with an old coupler and an axle on it. It could make a cool looking old tear drop trailer frame? Hmm???? The one thing bad about it and the reason he came to me with it was that it was eating tires. It has bad king pins on it and a broken leaf spring. Not really a big deal, a king pin kit and some new leaf springs and some cleaning up and shes ready for a tear drop body! I will post some pic's of it when I get some time. Howard
Lickety Split
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted