New to board - looking tilt-up tent trailer info & ideas

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

New to board - looking tilt-up tent trailer info & ideas

Postby oside » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:48 pm

New to this board & not sure if this is the correct place to post, Sorry in advance if it's not..

I just picked up this trailer $150 & have some plans for making it more "offroad capable" for towing behind my jeep. Already flipped the "portal" style axle, & will go SOA once I get it back home. I am picking it up this weekend out near Borrego springs/Salton sea (a friend loaded it into his trailer so I didn't have to drive up to LA to pick it up). I plan on using it for Baja excursions & desert runs, but I need to try & fit my 2 children with me so will be looking to extend the tent size (extend off back for another bed area). If anyone has any ideas or knows of any websites that cater more to what my outlined plans are I'd really appreciate a link. Also, trying to figure out the manufacturer & rough build date.
Oh, and I wanted to say that you guys have some REALLY nice teardrops & trailers built here. My dad always wanted to build one to tow behind his "rod".

Matt B

edit: I gave Matt B a hand! Mike...
oside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Matt B,

Please reduce the size of your photos to 640 x 480 so they can be seen without scrolling back and forth!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:13 pm

Welcome to the board ther, MattB. As Kerry said please keep your pics in the 640x480 range
...we are all lazy and the scrolling back and forth to read/look at your posts will aggravate my arthritis :D :lol: ;)
..we can probably help ya out here so hang in there
..there are lots of options for tents off the back
...the trailer can probably be modified, when ya get it home, either take the carrier off,
or try and get some frame pics of the bottom side
and post them here so we will have a better idea of what advice to give
and which direction to point you
madjack 8)

p.s. here is a quick way to pick up additional space needed
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=187164
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby goldcoop » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:24 pm

Matt B-

Check out:

http://www.rvworkshop.com/p2.html

Real creative bunch, they can sew it up if you can draw it!

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:39 pm

MJ,

I have one of those exact SUV tents, but have only set it up once in the yard and have not had a chance to use it yet! :cry: The wife will not go camping now until warmer weather sets in again!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:44 pm

Kerry...just load everything up (including wife) and head to Florida...just tell her, "it's allway warm and the sunny in FL" :D ;)
....anyway you allready live in the South(centralPa.) so it can't be that cold...can it... :o :lol: ;)
madjack 8)

p.s. show her the pictures of TomS's recent trip...that'll make a believer outta her
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, but she will just say that she can not get away from work. :?
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby oside » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:07 pm

Thanks for the links guys -
Sorry 'bout the size, I shoulda known better.
I've got pics of the frame, & underside,etc, but they are alsotoo big. I can't resize them, but their at the same address as the first 2.
I'm thinking of turning it into something along these lines, but keep the hard tilt top.

So the suv tent might be the least expensive way to start...thanks again everyone

Matt B
oside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:35 pm

Matt, you might want to check out Quick shade "easy-ups", they have a 10x10 that has a tent side option,,, dual purpose unit for you and if the kids dont go then ya got a shade to sit under,,,,

chipper,, :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to For Sale/Wanted