Looking for a teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Postby Adirondackersouth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:51 pm

:D

It is time. I live in the Richmond, Virginia area. I am looking for a teardrop or canned ham camper that weighs less then 1800 lbs. I am an outdoorsy kind of fella with too many hobbies. I teach HS science and have become fortunate enough to have about a month to travel each summer. I have done this tenting and for some applications of travel it is fine, for others a teardrop would serve very well.
David Medici
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Re: Looking for a teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer

Postby jss06 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:49 am

I have one for sale. The link is in my signature. Loaded for camping it is around 1700 lbs.

The only reason I am getting rid of it is my wife has said she will travel with me if I can provide indoor plumbing.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Adirondackersouth » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:42 pm

jss06 wrote:I have one for sale. The link is in my signature. Loaded for camping it is around 1700 lbs.

The only reason I am getting rid of it is my wife has said she will travel with me if I can provide indoor plumbing.

Do you have any photos of the interior ?
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby jss06 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Adirondackersouth wrote:
jss06 wrote:I have one for sale. The link is in my signature. Loaded for camping it is around 1700 lbs.

Do you have any photos of the interior ?

There is a foam mattress custom fit to the floor that is not in these pics.

jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby cuisinesstpierre » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi,

i have a teardrop trailer for sale, it's a 5x8 model if your interested i could send you some pics .

Thanks
cuisinesstpierre
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Adirondackersouth » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:45 pm

cuisinesstpierre wrote:Hi,

i have a teardrop trailer for sale, it's a 5x8 model if your interested i could send you some pics .

Thanks

Yes please 8)
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby prohandyman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 pm

David
Still have my replica Scotty rear door for sale, 1000#, new everything except stove, sink and lights
[email protected]
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

COST - A haunted trail

Postby Adirondackersouth » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm

I have appreciated being in the Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailer forum for the past month or so. Everyone has been most helpful. What I have been struggling with has been the cost to even walk into the market. Nothing is cheap. If you can't make it, which I can't not having a garage, you have to buy them. And you kind folks have spent a good amount of time, energy and money into making them that it’s a crime if anyone sells one below market value.

On my end that is what I am hoping for unrealistically, a really good deal that can fit into my budget which is scant 3k tops. Not for the cheapness that is in my Scottish blood but for the budget that I have allowed myself once all is said and done that number goes up to about 4K.

So I put it out to you guys and gals that have taken the plunge into either building or buying. Someone somewhere has something they do not really want anymore, due to change in lifestyle or wanting to upgrade.

My thanks to those who have contacted me with viable optional ideas already. I wish I could have taken one of them up as a solution to my problem, The deadline for buying is the end of June when I start really planning my Summer Sojourn.

Ideas?
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby SheCamps » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:19 pm

I've been following your thread- I'm in the same boat but in New England. My max is 4K and the campers I can afford don't have two doors plus a galley or they have the extra door and kitchen but the shape is square not a teardrop. (I sound like a princess but I know what I want!) Good luck on your search!
SheCamps
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:31 pm

SheCamps wrote:I've been following your thread- I'm in the same boat but in New England. My max is 4K and the campers I can afford don't have two doors plus a galley or they have the extra door and kitchen but the shape is square not a teardrop. (I sound like a princess but I know what I want!) Good luck on your search!

Hey there,
I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has been priced out of the market so far. I was seriously looking a those squared off teardrops and thought to myself. Nope I can't do it. Its not what I want and its just not going to make me happy or feed my inner need. It is almost my friend like we have fallen in love with the idea, the essence and the romance of the who Teardrop way of life and to roll up to your camping destination with a bed in a utility box just is not cutting the mustard. I have thought about converting a 6x10 enclosed trailer to a camper. Looked here for folks that have done it and then also in YouTube to see what people have done. The romance of the designing phase appeals to me but the eventual cost of converting the one purposed vehicle to another may also break the bank. Typical 6x10 new enclosed trailer goes for about 1900-2400 bucks in my neck of the woods. Used ones are few and far between here, but I still keep a daily search for both on the CL in the mid South region.

Lets say a nice used one shows up for 1500.00, I would be all over that like a date at Senior prom. Clean it up inside, repack the wheels and then get to work retro-fitting the inside area, adding at least two windows, insulation, a table to cook on and shelving, plus a bed and solar, and the other small items that make it feel homey. I am being modest in my calculations and desires, I estimated that it would cost at least another 1500-2000.000 to put a utility trailer in camper status. Fantastic fans alone run about 180.00, ebay's sliding windows run 200-400 each, and lumber, materials and my free labor I could make a humdinger of a camper, but it would stretch my budget so thin I am not sure I could afford to take it anywhere the first year.

Thoughts?
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby KennethW » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:19 pm

I like teardrops (Foamies can be done on a limited budget without many tools) . But if you do a cargo trailer it does not have to be all done at one time. A cot or fold down bed and a coleman stove on a shelve is all you NEED to start( if you leave the door open with a screen and curtain ). Add a fan (mine was $98 for a 3 speed reversible fantastic fan). Wiley homemade window cost almost nothing and can be replace if you want later. It sound like you are talking yourself out of going for it.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:13 pm

KennethW wrote:I like teardrops (Foamies can be done on a limited budget without many tools) . But if you do a cargo trailer it does not have to be all done at one time. A cot or fold down bed and a coleman stove on a shelve is all you NEED to start( if you leave the door open with a screen and curtain ). Add a fan (mine was $98 for a 3 speed reversible fantastic fan). Wiley homemade window cost almost nothing and can be replace if you want later. It sound like you are talking yourself out of going for it.

Hello -
No I am almost at the point of a cargo trailer but the new ones here are about 2200.00 which is a bit hard to take in once I put my camping gear in. I have telescopes, fishing gear and the like. Maybe it is time to go cowboy, but the thing and add slowly over time and as money comes in. Still a 1500.00 is doable with cash on hand 2300 and its a stretch. I am like a kid with eyes bigger than his stomach. :FNP
Last edited by Adirondackersouth on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Ned B » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm looking at a foamie minimalist build and my best guess for cost is about $700. I have Tools and some of the materials already. My cost would be the trailer & specific items, latches, prefab doors etc...
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Ned B wrote:I'm looking at a foamie minimalist build and my best guess for cost is about $700. I have Tools and some of the materials already. My cost would be the trailer & specific items, latches, prefab doors etc...

Maybe the FOAMY is the way to go for you! Doors are pricey 2-300 of you buy them pre hung. But oh what a sweet deal. So you already have the trailer? :applause:
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Ned B » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:17 pm

No, not yet, expect I'll have it by April or so. I'll get the cabinetry, and such cut and ready before I pick it up. Possibly even the floor and framing. I have the foam on hand , and the canvas will be easy to pick up.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to For Sale/Wanted