1947 Kenskill Teardrop in Oceanside, CA

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

1947 Kenskill Teardrop in Oceanside, CA

Postby Brownfish » Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Yes, this Teardrop is a true Classic. 70 years old. Kenskill being one of the most sought after Teardrops to ever enter the market. We have owned this Teardrop for 2 years and have taken it on about 6 trips without problems. This Teardrop is mainly all original with a few exceptions. The suspension was all re-done about 5 years ago (we have reciepts). The hitch was replaced about a year ago with a modern hitch, as I never felt comfortable/secure with the old style. I just completed a minor restoration of the wood in the galley. All the wood was sanded down, holes filled (including hinge holes), and everything was re-coated with multiple layers of paint/clearcoat. All aluminum is original. We replaced the old sleeping pads with a 5" Gel Memory Foam Mattress 2 years ago (see pictures). As with every Kenskill I have ever come across, the water tank has been disconnected. The Coldbox is functional, but we just used it for kitchen storage (mainly because coolers these days work much better). It has NOT been restored, but has been well taken care of and is in good condition for it's age. It is a fine candidate for restoration if you are looking for a fun project (personally I would love to do it if time permitted), or it is perfectly functional as is. It is water tight and tows like a dream with pretty much any vehicle. It has some blemishes, but is in very good usable condition and I would not hesitate to tow it across the country on a trip! We are located in Oceanside, California.
$6000. See Craiglist add for more pictures.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/rvs/6113774747.html
Dimensions:
Length- 11'6" from hitch to tail
Width- 5'5" from fender to fender
Height- 5'1"
Bed- 48" x 78"
Attachments
teardrop3.jpg
teardrop3.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
teardrop 2.jpg
teardrop 2.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
teardrop 1.jpg