Retro Teardrop Camper for sale

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Retro Teardrop Camper for sale

Postby gryhrt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:03 pm

We are selling our retro style teardrop travel trailer! This camper was built in 2012 by a gentleman in Wisconsin, and we are the only owners. We have to part with it because we now have a child, and while it's perfect for one or two people, adding a third is too much!

It rides on a custom built 4x8 frame with a heavy duty axle, and is completely skinned in aluminum sheet and has "full moon" hub caps to round out the vintage look. It weighs about 890 lbs, so it can easily be towed behind most cars with a 2" ball and a flat 4-pin trailer coupler. The bottom of the camper is skinned in a single thick plastic sheet to protect it from road spray and debris.

The sleeping area is roughly four feet wide and just over six feet long (I'm 6'2" and sleep it in comfortably), about the size of a full mattress. A foam mattress has been custom fit for this space and is included in the purchase price. The bed area has a shelf at each end for storage, two doors for easy entry, sliding windows for ventilation, battery powered and 120v lighting, and a roof vent.

The rear of the camper opens up into a galley area, with a lower storage area, a counter top area, and an upper storage shelf. We found that two coolers fit perfectly into the lower storage area and made food storage a breeze. This area also has an outlet, so if you are connected to a power supply you can run appliances. There is a battery powered light and 120v light in this area, also.

We did have a small water leak on the rear hatch that caused some delamination and staining of the wood on the hatch. The leak has been fixed and it has been water tight since then, but we never got around to replacing the wood. The hatch is is still in great condition, the damage was basically cosmetic.

gryhrt
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Retro Teardrop Camper for sale

Postby CustomDave » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Do you have more photos and how much are you asking, and where are you located?
CustomDave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CustomDave
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gryhrt » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 pm

CustomDave wrote:Do you have more photos and how much are you asking, and where are you located?

Yeah, that would help!

I'm in Springfield OH and I have it listed for $4200.

A couple more outside views

Inside looking rearward

Inside looking forward

Galley area
gryhrt
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CustomDave » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Thank you. Looks clean and tidy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CustomDave
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gryhrt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:04 am

Price Drop: now listed for $3900!
gryhrt
Teardrop Inspector

Postby okiecamper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 am

where are you located?
thanks
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Return to For Sale/Wanted