Off road flat back tear.

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Off road flat back tear.

Postby SOGGYSOD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:08 am

It's a 5x10 off road square back teardrop.
I built it to be very sturdy and be capable to double as hauling my 4 wheeler.
It's been to Colorado 4 times on back woods elk hunts and never missed a beat. We go back 30 miles of rough gravel roads. It goes great down the road at 80mph and handles anything I'll put my truck on.
Well insulated and Comfortable with no heat down to 10-15 degrees. (In a sleeping bag of course)
Has queen mattress. Led interior and exterior. White Aluminum skin with diamond plate around bottom. 2x3 heavy wall frame all steel and welded. No wood other than advantech decking for floor. 1" foam insulation, deep cycle battery and wired for 110 shore power.
I have a 2000w inverter I'll include. But I never used it.
Small solar panel wired in I just stick on roof will keep battery charged all week using quite a bit of lights and the USB charger at night.
4" memory foam queen mattress. Sleeps great.
Has a tool box for storage and a roof rack and rod holder. Can handle 2 full size sit on top kayaks on roof.

Deck will come out and you can haul a 4 wheeler or 2 dirt bikes in it. Tons of storage below deck that I keep all my supplies in plastic totes under.
33" Goodyear wranglers w full size spare, they have probably 40-50% tread. But as little as it weighs they will last forever. They were taken off another truck I have and I've had very little wear since I put em on and it's been back and forth to Colorado 4 times and Florida a few from Georgia . Along with plenty of local trips.
I did wheel adapters to mount on dodge rims so my spares would match my last tow vehicle. A half ton ram. So 5x5.5 bolt

It's a 3500lb heavy duty axle not a wimpy harbor freight trailer like most. It has 1000lb springs to keep it from bouncing all over the place and sits pretty much level with my ram 2500 on 35"s and a 2" drop hitch.
I have a new window ac that I only stick in it in the summer so it's easy out and in. There's door built just to mount the ac. Keeps it 65 in blazing Florida Summer sun.
Only been used twice.
I run it on a small 2000watt generator like a Honda eu and it pulls so little amperage it will run all night on a tank of fuel.
It does not have built in kitchen.
I went back and forth on this. When we camp I didn't want to be limited to a small stove and whatever room you could have with a galley kitchen. Like you see on the built in kitchens on a tear drop.
I have a 2 burner camp chef stove and set it up on a folding picnic table. I'm very glad I went this way bc there's tons of room to cook and the stove is way more powerful than the small camper stoves and will run forever on a 20pd propane tank.

Only negative with it. I had a tire blow out and dented a fender running on interstate.
You can see it on the right side at bottom of fender.
Fender is 50$ And I can replace it if someone has issue with it
All three tires are good though, had 4!

They are flat top jeep fenders and easy to replace. Just haven't done it yet because it doesn't bother me.
If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know.
$4500.
Only selling to build a camper van. Need to tow boat and can't when I haul camper.
SOGGYSOD
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Off road flat back tear.

Postby SOGGYSOD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:32 am

Adding a couple of pics.
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (472.01 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG (880.83 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
SOGGYSOD
Teardrop Inspector